    --
    Cheers.

    Mark Lawrence.

    Mark Lawrence, Oct 20, 2012

  2. Mark Lawrence

    Guest

    [I posted the following in another thread yesterday...]

    When you post from Google Groups you will sometimes
    see a checkbox above the edit window that is a cc to
    the python mailing list (<>)
    which is checked by default.

    If you uncheck that, you'll stop the double posting.

    , Oct 20, 2012

  3. On Fri, 19 Oct 2012 21:21:11 -0700 (PDT), declaimed the
    following in gmane.comp.python.general:

    > [I posted the following in another thread yesterday...]
    >
    > When you post from Google Groups you will sometimes
    > see a checkbox above the edit window that is a cc to
    > the python mailing list (<>)
    > which is checked by default.
    >
    > If you uncheck that, you'll stop the double posting.

    That is different from the Google Groups double-spacing ">" quoted
    material.
    --
    Wulfraed Dennis Lee Bieber AF6VN
    HTTP://wlfraed.home.netcom.com/

    Dennis Lee Bieber, Oct 20, 2012
  4. Mark Lawrence

    Walter Hurry Guest

    On Sat, 20 Oct 2012 01:43:03 +0100, Mark Lawrence wrote:

    > Good morning/afternoon/evening all,
    >
    > Is there any possibility that we could find a way to prevent the double
    > spaced rubbish that comes from G$ infiltrating this ng/ml? For example,
    > does Python have anybody who works for G$ who could pull a few strings,
    > preferably a Dutch national who has named a quite well known programming
    > language after a humorous BBC television programme?

    It is Google bloody Groups which is the problem. I should have plonked
    posts from there ages ago, and am about to remedy that omission.

    Walter Hurry, Oct 20, 2012
  5. Mark Lawrence

    Guest

    > On Fri, 19 Oct 2012 21:21:11 -0700 (PDT), declaimed the
    > following in gmane.comp.python.general:
    >
    >> [I posted the following in another thread yesterday...]
    >>
    >> When you post from Google Groups you will sometimes
    >> see a checkbox above the edit window that is a cc to
    >> the python mailing list (<>)
    >> which is checked by default.
    >>
    >> If you uncheck that, you'll stop the double posting.

    > That is different from the Google Groups double-spacing ">" quoted
    > material.

    Yes, I realized that right after I clicked send. However since
    it is also a common problem when posting from GG, maybe some
    other readers of this thread will find it useful.

    Re the specific problem mentioned, I just paste the original
    message into an emacs window, add the quote marks and paste back
    into the GG compose window.

    Another alternative is to use "paste as quotation" into a mail
    client compose window, and then paste back into GG. A small
    PITA but not a big deal if GG is otherwise convenient.

    But perhaps the same mentality that makes it just sooo hard
    to read a double spaced post (that one is willing to killfile
    a whole class of participants) is the same mentality that
    makes sooo hard to correct such posts to begin with.

    , Oct 22, 2012
  6. On Mon, 22 Oct 2012 07:07:20 -0700 (PDT)
    wrote:
    > Re the specific problem mentioned, I just paste the original
    > message into an emacs window, add the quote marks and paste back
    > into the GG compose window.

    If you are on Firefox you should check out the "It's All Text!"
    plugin. Not sure if it is available for other browsers.

    --
    D'Arcy J.M. Cain <> | Democracy is three wolves
    IM:

    D'Arcy J.M. Cain, Oct 22, 2012