    use the MMC snap-in to turn off logging per folder / file but, as this
    is not an actual file but a "pseudo-file" known only to ASP.NET, I
    cannot stop logging requests to it in this manner.

    James Hawkins, Nov 15, 2006

  2. I'm not aware of any way, its either "log or don't log" and a request (no
    matter what resource it's for) -- is a request.
    What's the goal? Can't you filter your results by using say, the IIS Log
    Reader?
    Peter

    http://www.eggheadcafe.com
    UnBlog:
    http://petesbloggerama.blogspot.com

    =?Utf-8?B?UGV0ZXIgQnJvbWJlcmcgW0MjIE1WUF0=?=, Nov 15, 2006

  3. On Wed, 15 Nov 2006 11:10:02 -0800, Peter Bromberg [C# MVP]
    <> wrote:

    >I'm not aware of any way, its either "log or don't log" and a request (no
    >matter what resource it's for) -- is a request.
    >What's the goal? Can't you filter your results by using say, the IIS Log
    >Reader?

    I guess I can but I never want to see them so I'd rather stop them at
    the source.

    I did just find a solution, though: you can create a dummy
    webresource.axd in the root of the website. In IIS, mark that file
    for no-logging. Then ASP.Net ignores the actual file but IIS still
    honours the no-logging request.

    James Hawkins, Nov 16, 2006