Preventing multiple logins

cowznofsky

We looking at creating a web application where a login Id can only be
used once at a time.

The idea is that this is a paid site, and we're pricing it by the
number of seats. So if we create 3 login Id's, we want to restrict
use so that only 3 users are on the app at any time.

This strikes me as problematic, but would anybody know of an app where
this has been implemented? I'd love to find a kit or open source
project where this is done.

John Saunders

cowznofsky said:
We looking at creating a web application where a login Id can only be
used once at a time.

The idea is that this is a paid site, and we're pricing it by the
number of seats. So if we create 3 login Id's, we want to restrict
use so that only 3 users are on the app at any time.

This strikes me as problematic, but would anybody know of an app where
this has been implemented? I'd love to find a kit or open source
project where this is done.

First, you'll have to define what you mean by "on the app". Can a user open
two browser tabs on the app at a time? Two browsers?

cowznofsky

First, you'll have to define what you mean by "on the app". Can a user open
two browser tabs on the app at a time? Two browsers?

We would want to prevent two users on separate machines logging on
with the same id and password.