Preventing page reload when using control (newbee q)

Grober

How can I stop the asp page from reloading when I e.g. hit a button or
change the selected index of a dropdownlist to update another control on the
page? The updating part works fine, when I select an item in a dropdownlist,
another dropdownlist list is updated with relevant items. The problem is I
have to scroll down to where I was since the page reloads every time.

Regards
/Grober

Joe

You could use javascript to achieve this without the refresh which is rather
user-unfriendly (interland ticketing system authors take note ;))- to
reference your server controls in Javascript use their clientID property.
You can add the script to the page by doing response.write or by using the
registerscript function. There are tons of tutorials on the internet
describing the process of using dependent listboxes which should help you
pull the javascrpt together. Have fun :)

Joe