    forwarding pop msgs wouldn't work as you have still not logged on to your
    yahoo email and would prevent it from expiry after 6 months, ofcourse I
    could be wrong.
    Nospam, Feb 2, 2007

  2. Nospam

    J.O. Aho Guest

    Nospam wrote:
    > I am wondering if there is a way of preventing my yahoo email accounts from
    > expiry for not logging on after 6 months or so, say a yahoo email account
    > that can retrieve mail msgs from other yahoo email accounts, and somehow
    > give the impression to yahoo that you logged on as usual, I suspect just
    > forwarding pop msgs wouldn't work as you have still not logged on to your
    > yahoo email and would prevent it from expiry after 6 months, ofcourse I
    > could be wrong.

    Use wget and a cron job that does login once in a while, say once every month.

    --

    //Aho
    J.O. Aho, Feb 2, 2007

  3. Nospam

    Ben C Guest

    On 2007-02-02, J.O. Aho <> wrote:
    > Nospam wrote:
    >> I am wondering if there is a way of preventing my yahoo email accounts from
    >> expiry for not logging on after 6 months or so, say a yahoo email account
    >> that can retrieve mail msgs from other yahoo email accounts, and somehow
    >> give the impression to yahoo that you logged on as usual, I suspect just
    >> forwarding pop msgs wouldn't work as you have still not logged on to your
    >> yahoo email and would prevent it from expiry after 6 months, ofcourse I
    >> could be wrong.

    > Use wget and a cron job that does login once in a while, say once
    > every month.

    Can you submit formdata with wget? Better to use curl.
    Ben C, Feb 2, 2007
  4. Nospam

    J.O. Aho Guest

    Ben C wrote:
    > On 2007-02-02, J.O. Aho <> wrote:
    >> Nospam wrote:
    >>> I am wondering if there is a way of preventing my yahoo email accounts from
    >>> expiry for not logging on after 6 months or so, say a yahoo email account
    >>> that can retrieve mail msgs from other yahoo email accounts, and somehow
    >>> give the impression to yahoo that you logged on as usual, I suspect just
    >>> forwarding pop msgs wouldn't work as you have still not logged on to your
    >>> yahoo email and would prevent it from expiry after 6 months, ofcourse I
    >>> could be wrong.

    >> Use wget and a cron job that does login once in a while, say once
    >> every month.

    > Can you submit formdata with wget? Better to use curl.

    Sure, it supports POST and GET, cookies, spoofing browser ids and so on.

    --

    //Aho
    J.O. Aho, Feb 2, 2007
  5. Nospam

    Andy Dingley Guest

    Andy Dingley, Feb 2, 2007
  6. Gazing into my crystal ball I observed "Andy Dingley"
    <> writing in

    > On 2 Feb, 09:51, "Nospam" <> wrote:
    >> I am wondering if there is a way of preventing my yahoo email
    >> accounts from expiry for not logging on after 6 months or so,

    > You might be interested in this
    >
    > http://www.boingboing.net/2007/02/01/lycos_demands_1995_r.html
    > http://idaho-hum.com/2007/02/01/lycos-held-my-emails-for-ransom-for-

    199
    > 5/

    That's nasty, but consider the poor folks with AOL accounts. Not only
    to they have to pay, AOL doesn't store their email. They delete it
    after a few months --- and these folks PAY!

    --
    Adrienne Boswell at Home
    Arbpen Web Site Design Services
    Adrienne Boswell, Feb 4, 2007
  7. Adrienne Boswell wrote:

    > Gazing into my crystal ball I observed "Andy Dingley"
    > <> writing in
    >
    >> On 2 Feb, 09:51, "Nospam" <> wrote:
    >>> I am wondering if there is a way of preventing my yahoo email
    >>> accounts from expiry for not logging on after 6 months or so,

    >> You might be interested in this
    >>
    >> http://www.boingboing.net/2007/02/01/lycos_demands_1995_r.html
    >> http://idaho-hum.com/2007/02/01/lycos-held-my-emails-for-ransom-
    >> for-

    > 199
    >> 5/
    >>

    > That's nasty, but consider the poor folks with AOL accounts.
    > Not only to they have to pay, AOL doesn't store their email.
    > They delete it after a few months --- and these folks PAY!

    Nobody's forcing them to use AOL. They're there of their own
    stupidity.

    --
    Blinky
    Killfiling all posts from Google Groups