    over a link, somewhat like Vistas function when you hold the mouse over a
    program in the taskbar it pops up - can this be done i asp and how?

    Regard Betina

    Betina Andersen, Sep 23, 2008

  2. You can use ajax to achieve this. Try jQuery - Boxover.
    or any similar Jquery plugin.

    http://jquery.com/

    M. Savas Zorlu, Sep 23, 2008

  3. "M. Savas Zorlu" <> skrev i en meddelelse
    > You can use ajax to achieve this. Try jQuery - Boxover.
    > or any similar Jquery plugin.
    >
    > http://jquery.com/

    Hmm I have looked it over but cannot see how to do that, do you have an
    example of previewing a .doc file on mouseover using jQuery?

    Regards Betina

    Betina Andersen, Sep 23, 2008
  4. Well this is just the mouse over part. What you display in it is
    something different. I am sure there are ways to get contents of a doc
    file. But It's not my expertise.

    M. Savas Zorlu, Sep 23, 2008
  5. "Betina Andersen" <> wrote in message
    >I have a page with links to different files (doc, pdf, jpg, tiff, xls
    >etc.) - now I am supposed to let the user preview them by holding the mouse
    >over a link, somewhat like Vistas function when you hold the mouse over a
    >program in the taskbar it pops up - can this be done i asp and how?

    The hover over popup image is the easy bit. The hardbit is creating the
    preview image from this disparate set of file types in the first place. For
    that you'll need some third party component, do you such a thing? If not
    you're not going to get very far.

    --
    Anthony Jones - MVP ASP/ASP.NET

    Anthony Jones, Sep 23, 2008
  6. "Anthony Jones" <> skrev i en meddelelse
    > that you'll need some third party component, do you such a thing? If not
    > you're not going to get very far.

    I do not have the component, but if you know of one (or more) that can do
    that, I will take a look at them and see if we shall invest in it.

    Regards Betina

    Betina Andersen, Sep 23, 2008
  7. "Betina Andersen" <> wrote in message
    > "Anthony Jones" <> skrev i en meddelelse
    >> that you'll need some third party component, do you such a thing? If not
    >> you're not going to get very far.

    > I do not have the component, but if you know of one (or more) that can do
    > that, I will take a look at them and see if we shall invest in it.

    I don't know of any you might try googling it?

    Anthony.

    Anthony Jones, Sep 23, 2008
  8. "Anthony Jones" <> skrev i en meddelelse

    > I don't know of any you might try googling it?

    I have, but have not found any.

    Regards Betina

    Betina Andersen, Sep 24, 2008