    work +49 30 89 09 53 34 home +49 30 802 86 56 mobile +49 173 24 18 776
    PGP 0x57F3BF04 9064 F4E1 D754 C2FF 1619 305B C09C 5A3B 57F3 BF04
    whom do you want to sponsor today? http://www.stackless.com/
    Christian Tismer, Dec 11, 2003

  2. Christian Tismer wrote:

    > Let me know your thoughts...
    >
    > http://www.centera.de/tismer/stackless/zope_demo

    Seems to work only of I allow the site to set
    a cookie and thus retrieve a session. But if so
    doing the same thing the old fashioned way is
    also very simple.

    Istvan.
    Istvan Albert, Dec 11, 2003

  3. Istvan Albert wrote

    > > Let me know your thoughts...
    > >
    > > http://www.centera.de/tismer/stackless/zope_demo

    > Seems to work only of I allow the site to set
    > a cookie and thus retrieve a session. But if so
    > doing the same thing the old fashioned way is
    > also very simple.

    your lack of imagination is rather stunning.

    </F>
    Fredrik Lundh, Dec 11, 2003
  4. Christian Tismer

    Huy Do Guest

    Christian Tismer <> wrote in message news:<>...
    > Howdy,
    >
    > I made a little demo of Stackless Zope.
    > It is just a quick hack to see how things
    > can work. The example is a long-running
    > Python method which "prints" lines to the
    > browser.
    > The key to this surprizing solution is
    > tasklets, channels, and thread pickling.
    >
    > Let me know your thoughts...
    >
    > http://www.centera.de/tismer/stackless/zope_demo

    Does this mean we can implement a Seaside(smalltalk) like application server ?
    How cool is that.

    Regards,

    Huy
    Huy Do, Dec 15, 2003
  5. Christian Tismer

    Paul Rubin Guest

    Christian Tismer <> writes:
    > Let me know your thoughts...
    >
    > http://www.centera.de/tismer/stackless/zope_demo

    The link

    http://www.centera.de/tismer/stackless/zope_demo/download_pickle/zope_demo.pickle

    sometimes gets a runtime error:

    Error Type: RuntimeError
    Error Value: You cannot __reduce__ the tasklet which is current.

    Also I think you should make the demo go from 1 to 5 instead of 10, so
    there's not so much button pushing.

    Finally, as a non-Zope and non-Stackless user, I find the source code
    incomprehensible. It would be much simpler in a conventional web
    framework, especially if you can put a generator into a session
    variable. Generator pickling would help with that, of course.
    Paul Rubin, Dec 16, 2003
  6. Huy Do wrote:
    > Christian Tismer <> wrote in message news:<>...

    http://www.centera.de/tismer/stackless/zope_demo

    Please check the above URL again, I changed it a little,
    to fit on smaller screens.

    > Does this mean we can implement a Seaside(smalltalk) like application server ?
    > How cool is that.

    Oh yes (just looked into Seaside), I think it is very
    much like that.
    You can write one single program that deals with different
    input of the user until his data form is filled correctly,
    for instance.
    It needs some design work to make the necessary framework
    and to have a standard way to do this, but technically
    it is solved.

    If you have proposals, let me know.

    ciao - chris
    --
    Christian Tismer :^) <mailto:>
    Mission Impossible 5oftware : Have a break! Take a ride on Python's
    Christian Tismer, Dec 16, 2003