    Thanks as always for your help.

    --

    Morris

    Morris Neuman, Aug 30, 2009

  2. Morris Neuman

    Ed Murphy Guest

    Morris Neuman wrote:

    > How do I create a previous page links on a page that when clicked would
    > return to the page that the user came from. This could be a different page
    > based on the user's selection.
    >
    > For example, the flow could be:
    > 1) Page A to Page B to Page C
    > 2) Page A to Page C
    >
    > If the user is on Page C and clicks previous button then if they came to
    > page c based on scenario 1 they would return to page B; if scenario 2 then
    > return to page A.
    >
    > Is there a way to save the url of the page that the user came from?
    >
    > Thanks as always for your help.

    The usual solution is as follows:

    Ed Murphy, Aug 30, 2009

  3. Hello Morris,

    If you want to get the previous url on server-side, you can get the
    previous url by using Request.ServerVariables["HTTP_REFERER"].

    But you can not always get the information about it.

    1. Some proxys can not send the the information about HTTP url to you.
    2. Some Clients can prevent from sending IP and URL by "header_access deny".
    In above scenarios, HTTP_REFERER, HTTP_VIA and HTTP_X_FORWARDED_FOR are
    null.

    So we can't ensure to get the information about HTTP_REFERER, HTTP_VIA and
    HTTP_X_FORWARDED_FOR.

    If you just want to create a button/link to allow the user go back to the

    Sincerely,

    Vince Xu

    Microsoft Online Support

    Vince Xu [MSFT], Aug 31, 2009
  4. Thanks Ed and Vince.

    Used the history.go(-1) which works well.
    --
    Thanks
    Morris

    Morris Neuman, Aug 31, 2009