    Thanks a lot

    Cheers

    Ted
    Maflu, Dec 10, 2003

  2. Maflu

    Sid Ismail Guest

    On Wed, 10 Dec 2003 18:36:57 +0100, Maflu <>
    wrote:

    : Hello,
    : I have to give a price per page to a potential customer for his website.
    : There are about 50 pages. I will receive the images ready to be
    : integrated and I have to write html and css code and integrate
    : ready-made textual content. Also I have to create a drop-down menu.
    :
    : How much do you think I can ask for this service?
    :
    : I checked the Web and prices vary from 40 Euros per page to 120 Euros
    : per page so it is difficult to decide...

    Images provided, one external CSS, ready-made textual content.

    Charge the absolute minimum then. 30 Euros. And thank him.

    Sid
    Sid Ismail, Dec 11, 2003

  3. Maflu

    Augustus Guest

    "Maflu" <> wrote in message
    > Hello,
    > I have to give a price per page to a potential customer for his website.
    > There are about 50 pages. I will receive the images ready to be
    > integrated and I have to write html and css code and integrate
    > ready-made textual content. Also I have to create a drop-down menu.
    >
    > How much do you think I can ask for this service?
    >
    > I checked the Web and prices vary from 40 Euros per page to 120 Euros
    > per page so it is difficult to decide...

    If you are going around the net comparing prices, one thing to keep in mind
    is that there is a big difference between creating a 1 or 2 page website
    versus replicating the same page over and over again and just changing
    images and textual content

    For this job, you might look and see how many of these pages you can do an
    hour and come up with an hourly rate based upon that and then factor in the
    time to create the first page, the css, the drop down menu and little tweaks
    and changes
    Augustus, Dec 11, 2003
  4. Maflu

    SAZ Guest

    In article <3fd759be$0$28705$>,
    says...
    > Hello,
    > I have to give a price per page to a potential customer for his website.
    > There are about 50 pages. I will receive the images ready to be
    > integrated and I have to write html and css code and integrate
    > ready-made textual content. Also I have to create a drop-down menu.
    >
    > How much do you think I can ask for this service?
    >
    > I checked the Web and prices vary from 40 Euros per page to 120 Euros
    > per page so it is difficult to decide...
    >
    > Thanks a lot
    >
    > Cheers
    >
    > Ted

    Keep it reasonable. It will probably be a lot of cut and paste, so a
    flat price per page will not get this job.

    I advise that you price this on the anticipated hours, at whatever your
    time is worth, and then add 10% to account for unforseen problems.

    In my case, I figure to take about an hour per page. At US$60/hr for 50
    pages. US$3000 plus 10% would be $3300. Where I live, that would be
    considered very reasonable.
    SAZ, Dec 12, 2003
  5. Maflu

    maflu Guest

    Thanks a lot to the contributors on this thread. SAZ, funny that you
    mention $3300 because I was about to suggest this exact same price...:)
    It should be the right price then.

    Cheers

    Ted
    maflu, Dec 12, 2003
  6. Maflu

    Marc Nadeau Guest

    Augustus a écrit:

    > "Maflu" <> wrote in message
    >> Hello,
    >> I have to give a price per page to a potential customer for his website.
    >> There are about 50 pages. I will receive the images ready to be
    >> integrated and I have to write html and css code and integrate
    >> ready-made textual content. Also I have to create a drop-down menu.
    >>
    >> How much do you think I can ask for this service?
    >>
    >> I checked the Web and prices vary from 40 Euros per page to 120 Euros
    >> per page so it is difficult to decide...

    > If you are going around the net comparing prices, one thing to keep in
    > mind is that there is a big difference between creating a 1 or 2 page
    > website versus replicating the same page over and over again and just
    > changing images and textual content
    >
    > For this job, you might look and see how many of these pages you can do an
    > hour and come up with an hourly rate based upon that and then factor in
    > the time to create the first page, the css, the drop down menu and little
    > tweaks and changes

    We apply the same reasoning.

    I use to charge between 500 to 1000 CAN $ for the original design (first
    page). Then it's between 25 to 50 $ a page.

    The price variation is due to the complexity of the pages and the client's
    implication.

    For more than 50 pages i suggest installing a Content Management System
    (perl/PHP and mysql/postgresql.
    I'ts between 2500 and 3000 $, pre-configured and styled.

    You should also offer your services for site and email management.
    This is recursive money.

    Marc Nadeau
    La Pagerie
    http://www.pagerie.com

    --
    Ta mere est tellement petite qu'en sautant de la cuvette des chiottes
    elle s'est fait une entorse.
    Marc Nadeau, Dec 15, 2003