Primer needed: Java & Windows Security

Chris

Can anyone point me to a primer on accessing Windows file security
information from within Java?

Here's the issue: my java app needs to access a variety of files on an
intranet. The app will have a high level of privilege; it will be able to
see everything. But it should only show the files to users who have
permission to see them. So we'll need to have users log in, find out what
their roles are, and then somehow find out any security information that's
attached to the file, and filter the list of files appropriately.

I guess I need a way to query the operating system, and ask if a particular
user can see a particular file. I suspect native code is required. Can
anyone get me started?