Principal Embedded Software Engineer position in Pittsburgh PA

Discussion in 'C++' started by Gary N, Apr 8, 2004.

  1. Gary N

    Gary N Guest

    Principal Embedded Software Engineer
    Looking for a fulltime opportunity to utilize your expertise in
    Software Development Process and networking product development
    knowledge, while working for a first class company in Pittsburgh PA?
    A.C.Coy has an immediate opportunity for a Principal Embedded Software
    Engineer, with one of our premier clients.

    Responsibilities:
    You will be responsible for development of embedded software to run on
    clients increasingly broad line of edge routing products. You will
    both contribute to and lead projects through the entire development
    cycle. Projects involve adding new features (protocols, hardware cards
    and platforms as well as speed scaling enhancements) to clients
    products. Through your years of experience, you should be able to
    generate creative, clean, quality solutions to large complex
    challenges. You will possess the ability to examine the big picture,
    see the essential elements, recognize the patterns, refine to the
    simplest solution and execute.

    Requirements
    If you have 10+ years experience with Software Development Process
    (requirements, design, implementation, review, testing), Software
    Revision Control and Build Environment tools (make),experienced with
    C++, Java, Libraries (STL, POSIX), Debugging (GDB), but especially
    networking design knowledge and experience with layering concepts,
    Layer 1 (SONET/SDH, DSX3, DSX1, IEEE 802) Layer 2 (PPP, Frame Relay,
    ATM, IEEE 802), Layer 3 (IP, MPLS, ISIS), Routing Protocols (BGP,
    OSPF), Management (SNMP), Security (RADIUS), than this is the position
    you have been looking for! Salary is up to $90,000 with full benefits,
    based on experience.

    Gary V. Naranjo
    Career Advisor
    A.C.Coy Company
    800.784.5773 ext 438
    Fax 724.514.1111

    www.accoy.com

    Gary N, Apr 8, 2004

  2. Gary N

    David Harmon Guest

    Re: Principal Embedded Software Engineer position in Pittsburgh PA OFF TOPIC

    On 8 Apr 2004 13:26:54 -0700 in comp.lang.c++, (Gary
    N) wrote,
    >Principal Embedded Software Engineer
    >Looking for a fulltime opportunity to utilize your expertise in
    >Software Development Process and networking product development

    Job ads, off-topic in comp.lang.c++, give the impression of an employer
    that is either technically clueless, or abusive and irresponsible, or
    both. In any case, a company you do not want to work with! There are
    dozens of *.jobs.* newsgroups where they belong. By posting in this
    manner you declare to the entire world that you just do not care enough
    or respect the users of comp.lang.c++ enough to follow ordinary
    courtesy.

    See the article titled "Welcome to comp.lang.c++! Read this first."
    posted semiweekly in this newsgroup or at:
    http://www.slack.net/~shiva/welcome.txt

    See the topic "[5.8] Which newsgroup should I post my questions?"
    in Marshall Cline's C++ FAQ. You can get the FAQ at:
    http://www.parashift.com/c -faq-lite/

    (Posted and emailed.)

    David Harmon, Apr 8, 2004

  3. Gary N

    Howard Guest

    [OT] Re: Principal Embedded Software Engineer position in Pittsburgh PA OFF TOPIC

    > Job ads, off-topic in comp.lang.c++, give the impression of an employer
    > that is either technically clueless, or abusive and irresponsible, or
    > both. In any case, a company you do not want to work with! There are
    > dozens of *.jobs.* newsgroups where they belong. By posting in this
    > manner you declare to the entire world that you just do not care enough
    > or respect the users of comp.lang.c++ enough to follow ordinary
    > courtesy.

    Aah, he's just a head-hunter for a consulting firm. He doesn't give a whit
    what anybody thinks. I doubt he'll even read replies to his post here (or
    anywhere else). I've been in that game before, and getting call-backs is
    all that matters. Best to just save your breath. :)

    -Howard

    Howard, Apr 8, 2004
  4. Re: [OT] Re: Principal Embedded Software Engineer position in PittsburghPA OFF TOPIC

    Howard wrote:

    >>Job ads, off-topic in comp.lang.c++, give the impression of an employer
    >>that is either technically clueless, or abusive and irresponsible, or
    >>both. In any case, a company you do not want to work with! There are
    >>dozens of *.jobs.* newsgroups where they belong. By posting in this
    >>manner you declare to the entire world that you just do not care enough
    >>or respect the users of comp.lang.c++ enough to follow ordinary
    >>courtesy.
    >>

    > Aah, he's just a head-hunter for a consulting firm.
    > He doesn't give a whit what anybody thinks.
    > I doubt he'll even read replies to his post here (or anywhere else).
    > I've been in that game before
    > and getting call-backs is all that matters.
    > Best to just save your breath. :)

    I think that David Harmon's remarks were directed
    more toward unwary comp.lang.c++ subscribers than to Gary N.

    E. Robert Tisdale, Apr 8, 2004
  5. Gary N

    Jack Klein Guest

    Re: [OT] Re: Principal Embedded Software Engineer position in Pittsburgh PA OFF TOPIC

    On 08 Apr 2004 17:04:37 EDT, "Howard" <> wrote in
    comp.lang.c++:

    > > Job ads, off-topic in comp.lang.c++, give the impression of an employer
    > > that is either technically clueless, or abusive and irresponsible, or
    > > both. In any case, a company you do not want to work with! There are
    > > dozens of *.jobs.* newsgroups where they belong. By posting in this
    > > manner you declare to the entire world that you just do not care enough
    > > or respect the users of comp.lang.c++ enough to follow ordinary
    > > courtesy.
    > >

    > Aah, he's just a head-hunter for a consulting firm. He doesn't give a whit
    > what anybody thinks. I doubt he'll even read replies to his post here (or
    > anywhere else). I've been in that game before, and getting call-backs is
    > all that matters. Best to just save your breath. :)
    >
    > -Howard

    He won't be posting here from that Google account again...

    --
    Jack Klein
    Home: http://JK-Technology.Com

    Jack Klein, Apr 9, 2004