Print a datagrid from aspx page?

Jason

How might I print a datagrid from an aspx page? Note that I -only- want the
datagrid, not any of the other page objects (no buttons, banner,
dropdownlists, etc therefore printing the entire page via file->print won't
work) and the datagrid's dataview is filtered and sorted.

Any thoughts? Any code examples?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Jason

bruce barker

the most common approach is to supply a print version of the page, which
only included the grid.

-- bruce (sqlwork.com)

Eliyahu Goldin

Jason,

2 client-side events are made specially for your purposes, They are
onbeforeprint and onafterprint. In onbeforeprint you make invisible all
controls you don't want to go to the printout, and in onafterprint you
restore their visual state. All this can be done with a bit of javascript
programming.

Eliyahu