Print a file on the server on a local printer

priyadar

Hi all

I have a very wierd situation - My intranet based application connects
to a external application via internet and gets a file as a response -
which it then sucessfully stores on the server. However I need to print
this file on a local thermal printer. My problem is that while the file
is saved on the server - it wont get downloaded to my local machine OR
PRINT command to print the server file wont work coz the server doesnt
know abt the printer. I tried copying the file by opening a
URLConnection to the server and then trying to copy - but that wont
work either. Any ideas abt how I may get this to work.
The code I am using to copy is

{
URL url = new URL(serverFileName);
File file = new File( localFileName );
if ( !file.exists() )
{
boolean a = file.createNewFile();
if (a) {logger.info("file creation sucessful");}
}

URLConnection urlC = url.openConnection();
InputStream is = url.openStream();
System.out.flush();

FileOutputStream fos=null;
fos = new FileOutputStream(file);