print a user-friendly page?

Guest

Hello,

does anybody have an example on how to add a hidden frame to an aspx page
and then to use thtat hidden frame to print a user friendly version of the
web page?

The web page does print very bad, because of background pictures and logo's,
list's etc.

Eliyahu Goldin

It may help you to know that you can use client side events onbeforeprint
and onafterprint to hide/show/style elements of your page before and after
printing.

Eliyahu

Guest

Hi Axford,
unless I have misunderstood what you mean, there is no need to create hidden
frames or anything like what you propose.

If you are using style sheets, then you style your page for the screen as
per normal and then you create a printing style sheet and add it to your
..aspx page (in the head) section like so

<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href=[your location here]
media="print" >
(for the screen stylesheet you don't have to specify media="screen" as that
is the default)

inside that print style sheet you have ids or class like so:
yourID
{
display:none;
}

that way you can hide logos, mastheads and in fact anything that you wish to
take out of the printing page.

Regards,
CharlesA

Guest