print a webpage

Discussion in 'Java' started by tascien, May 11, 2005.

  1. tascien

    tascien Guest

    Hallo Programmers out there...

    I have a simple (but complex) question... haha, never hear of that
    before... simple but complex:

    In an applet, I want to:

    1 - download a webpage
    2 - print that webpage

    now complex:

    3 - i don't want the user to see the webpage on the screen. the only
    thing the user sees is that Java Warning: Applet would like to print.
    do you want to allow this?

    Any hints?

    Tascien

    tascien, May 11, 2005

  2. Java can render simple web pages but it can't read and print everything
    thats out there-- i.e. Microsoft's IE and Netscape. For this reason you
    may have to look into solutions provided by these browsers rather than
    pure Java solutions.

    Glen Pepicelli, May 14, 2005