Print driver

George Ter-Saakov

I need to be able to convert different documents (xls, doc, pdf ) to
Tiff from ASP.NET

Can anyone recommend a good print driver.

There are plenty of them out there. The only catch it should not display any
dialog boxes (like asking for file name, image type, ... ).

I need the one which allows to manipulate it programmatically.

Thanks.
George.

Steven Cheng[MSFT]

Hi Richard,

Thanks for posting in the community! My name is Steven, and I'll be
assisting you on this issue.
From your description, you're looking for some components to convert multi
type of documents such as (xls, doc, pdf ) to TIFF , also the component
needn't has any UI interface, just a common library component, yes?

Based on my research, there does have many third-party components which
provide the functions of converting diferent kinds of document into other
format such as image, xml ... As for the "it should not display any dialog
boxes"
, i think it depends on however the function is encapsulated in the
component. Some components may provide the basic interfaces so that we can
use it more freely while some else may provide the higher leve interfaces
which has UI interactive interfaces. And here is some third-party
components I 've searched, you may have a look to see whether they'll be
helpful.

http://www.pdfcreation.com/autoscan_pdf2anything.html

http://www.soft411.com/software/tiff.html

http://www.eprintdriver.com/

#Ghost Script
http://www.cs.wisc.edu/~ghost/index.htm

http://www.informatik.com/tiffwork.html

Regards,

Steven Cheng
Microsoft Online Support

Get Secure! www.microsoft.com/security
rights.)

George Ter-Saakov

Thanks.
You got everything correctly except my name :)

Actually I've been looking for answer from someone who already had to
implement something similar.
There hundreds components on Inet like that and i did not want to spend
month evaluating them.

Thanks anyway.
George.