Print envelope

Curt_C [MVP]

David said:
We have a classic ASP intranet web site that has been around for a while.
Our customer wants to be able to print an envelope from the contact name and
address table. We have other reports that we display and print from the
HTML generated by our ASP code, but have not been able to find any way to
format a page and print to an envelope. Can anyone help? Thanks.

David

Print it where? on the server or client? Unless you are just saying you
want to layout the HTML so that the user can print the site/page? If so
you will really want to get away from that. Look at using a third party
addin/component like Crystal to format printings and such.

David C

We have a classic ASP intranet web site that has been around for a while.
Our customer wants to be able to print an envelope from the contact name and
address table. We have other reports that we display and print from the
HTML generated by our ASP code, but have not been able to find any way to
format a page and print to an envelope. Can anyone help? Thanks.

David

David

Yes, at the client. This client is very restricted and all people have
Microsoft Word and all are using IE6. Does that help?

David

Curt_C [MVP]

David said:
Yes, at the client. This client is very restricted and all people have
Microsoft Word and all are using IE6. Does that help?

David

Not really...I mean you have almost zero ability to do things on the
client, its a fundamental for security. Without a third party
control/component on the client you are limited to just formatting the
HTML result... you can do some with StyleSheets(CSS) and such, to show
it differently but in the end there is only so much you can tweak.

Adrienne

We have a classic ASP intranet web site that has been around for a
while. Our customer wants to be able to print an envelope from the
contact name and address table. We have other reports that we display
and print from the HTML generated by our ASP code, but have not been
able to find any way to format a page and print to an envelope. Can
anyone help? Thanks.

David

You could try a little CSS:

@media screen {
body {font-size:100%;}
}
@media print
{
@page {width:9.5in; height:4.125in}
body {width:8.5in; height:3.125in; font-size:10pt}
div#address {margin-left:5in}
..noprint {display:none}
}
</head>
record</p>
<%=addressinfo%>

David

Below is my test page and it does not print in landscape.

<head>
<title></title>

<!--
.startpos {
position: absolute;
width: 350px;
font-family: Arial, Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif;
font-size: 18px;
top: 120px;
left: 300px;}

.verticaltext {writing-mode: tb-rl; filter: fliph flipv;}

@media screen {
body {font-size:100%;}
}
@media print
{
@page rotated {size: landscape; width:9.5in; height:4.125in}
body {width:8.5in; height:3.125in; font-size:10pt}
div#address {margin-left:4in; margin-top:1.75in; font-size: 16px}
..noprint {display:none}
}
-->

</head>