    Hopefully this makes sense...

    Thanks,
    Ben

    Ben Amada, Oct 26, 2005

  2. Ben Amada

    alu Guest

    "Ben Amada" <> wrote
    <snip>
    > If I display the high resolution image in the browser for the visitor to

    print,
    > won't the DPI of the image be reduced to 72 dpi and lose resolution when

    the
    > visitor goes to print the image? If this is wrong, please let me know.

    Ok I will - this is wrong. Why not try it?
    A browser will render an image to its pixel dimensions, which is entirely
    independent of resolution.
    i.e., a 3000px x 4000px image at 300ppi or 72ppi is still 3000px x
    4000px.
    -alu

    alu, Oct 26, 2005

  3. Ben Amada

    Ben Amada Guest

    alu wrote:

    > Ok I will - this is wrong. Why not try it?
    > A browser will render an image to its pixel dimensions, which is entirely
    > independent of resolution.
    > i.e., a 3000px x 4000px image at 300ppi or 72ppi is still 3000px x
    > 4000px.
    > -alu

    Hi alu,

    Thanks for the reply - you're right. I'm going to experiment with it and
    figure out exactly what I'm looking for.

    Regards,
    Ben

    Ben Amada, Oct 28, 2005