Print output before program end

Discussion in 'Perl' started by Rafal Lagowski, Apr 11, 2004.

  1. Hi all

    This is my small problem ...

    I have a program which make a long long statistic (about 2 minutes)
    It enough to timeout in my browser (or squid proxy of client)

    I want first make a page which is checking if there exist a result of
    stat maker (some PDF file)

    If NO then reload, if YES then show the page with a link
    This is not problem. I'm making it.

    In first line of my program I make

    print $query->redirect("ProgWait.pl?result=doc.pdf");

    and after program is making stats. There is no more output from this
    program.

    The problem is that result of print is showed when ALL program is
    finish, so when result PDF exist, so redirect is not have sens.

    I have option to call first program ProgWait.pl?result=doc.pdf and after
    make stats, but I have pass a lot of parameters

    Is there any other solution to print output before program end

    Thanks a lot ....

    Rafal
    Rafal Lagowski, Apr 11, 2004

  2. Rafal Lagowski

    Jim Gibson Guest

    On 2004-04-11 14:43:02 -0700, Rafal Lagowski <> said:

    > Hi all
    >
    > This is my small problem ...
    >
    > I have a program which make a long long statistic (about 2 minutes)
    > It enough to timeout in my browser (or squid proxy of client)

    [details snipped]

    See the article by Randal Schwartz:

    http://www.stonehenge.com/merlyn/LinuxMag/col39.html

    --