Print Page and Header

ruca

Hi,

I have a button that when clicked must print the current page after doing
something in a certain function. For that I have this code:

Private Sub ibtnPrint_Click(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As
System.Web.UI.ImageClickEventArgs) Handles ibtnPrint.Click
Try

myFunction() 'do the job before print

Dim sbScript As New System.Text.StringBuilder
sbScript.Append("<script language='javascript'>")
sbScript.Append(Environment.NewLine)
sbScript.Append("window.print();")
sbScript.Append(Environment.NewLine)
sbScript.Append("</script>")
RegisterClientScriptBlock("OpenImp", sbScript.ToString())

Catch ex As Exception
lblMsgErro.Text = ex.Message()
End Try
End Sub

This is not opening the print dialog. I'm using frames in application, and
already change the window.print() to top.window.print(), but this will print
me a blank page.

If I put in Page Load this piece of code ibtnPrint.Attributes.Add("OnClick",
"window.print();") then dialog opens ok. The problem is how can I do the job
that is doing in myFuncion method.

How can I resolve this?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

I have another question: Can I change in code the header and footer of the
page that I'm printing? How?

--
Programming ASP.NET with VB.NET

Thank's (if you try to help me)
Hope can help (if I try to help)

ruca

marss

ruca said:
[...]

The script blocks registered by RegisterClientScriptBlock are injected
in the page right after the form element so you start to print before
the content will be loaded.
Try to use RegisterStartupScriptBlock instead of
RegisterClientScriptBlock. Maybe give some timeout to allow the page
completely load.
setTimeout("window.print();", 100);