Print Preview

Discussion in 'HTML' started by Bruno, Dec 27, 2005.

  1. Bruno

    Bruno Guest

    Hello!

    I have 5 columns of a table: leftleft, left, center, right and rightright:
    The columns left and right are 3 px width, the width of the columns
    leftleft and rightright is unknown. I used a "trick" for the center column
    to push the colums leftleft and rightright to the edges of the screen:
    width=100% for the center column.

    This "nonsense" width calculation works fine for most browsers. However the
    Print Preview will cut out some of the right text so we will not see the
    whole page.

    I can not set the width of the columns leftleft and rightright to a
    meaningful value because I want them to be dynamic in width depending on the
    content of $leftleft and $rightright (yes, a php script provides the values)

    What can I do to have a most flexible screen layout AND a correct print
    Preview?

    Thanks for any help / ideas

    Regards Bruno
    Bruno, Dec 27, 2005