print question

dogdog

I would like to print the output of a script that I have to a
<form> type textbox. I would like the output to be there so I
can just backspace and then use the cgi script
associated with that textbox to send an update/command
to a server that I have. Anyone know how this can be done? If
so I'd really like to know.

I already have the perl that works command line so if anyone can
provide a method beyond that listed with the form features
associated with HTML that would be great too.

tia
dogdog

Sherm Pendley

I would like to print the output of a script that I have to a
<form> type textbox. I would like the output to be there so I
can just backspace and then use the cgi script
associated with that textbox to send an update/command
to a server that I have. Anyone know how this can be done? If
so I'd really like to know.

Start with the CGI module. There are lots of tutorials on how to use it,
beginning with the module author's own:

I already have the perl that works command line so if anyone can
provide a method beyond that listed with the form features
associated with HTML that would be great too.

If you're looking for general Perl guidance other than its use for CGIs,
here's a good place to start:

<http://learn.perl.org>

sherm--

Tad McClellan

use the cgi script
associated with that textbox
Anyone know how this can be done?

Use Perl's print() function to output the proper HTML.

If
so I'd really like to know.

You're welcome.

I already have the perl that works command line so if anyone can
provide a method beyond that listed

Errr, there *is no* method listed, so I don't know what you are
talking about there...

with the form features
associated with HTML that would be great too.

This is the Perl newsgroup. We discuss Perl issues here.

You use the print() function to make output with Perl.

What output you should be making depends not on your programming
language, but on the application that you are writing.

They discuss HTML over in the HTML newsgroup:

comp.infosystems.www.authoring.html