Print Screen and open in paint

Sunny

Hi Is there a way in javascript to capture whatever is on screen &
open that with paint on buttons click.

Sister Ray

But can javascript do a screen capture & save it to a jpg file.

JavaScript in a browser scripting language, it is not suposed to do
that.
However if you create an ActiveX for Internet Explorer, you can use
with javascript to do what you desire.

ActiveXs only run on Internet Explorer.

Best Regards

Sunny

JavaScript in a browser scripting language, it is not suposed to do
that.
However if you create an ActiveX for Internet Explorer, you can use
with javascript to do what you desire.

ActiveXs only run on Internet Explorer.

Best Regards

Hi,
Yes I want a solution for Internet explorer. Can you provide me with
some code. as I am really new at that.

Tim Slattery

Sunny said:
Hi,
Yes I want a solution for Internet explorer. Can you provide me with
some code. as I am really new at that.

You won't use Javascript to write an ActiveX control. They are written
in C++ or VisualBasic (or C#, I suppose).

Sunny

You won't use Javascript to write an ActiveX control. They are written
in C++ or VisualBasic (or C#, I suppose).

Can I use vbscript to write an Active X control.

Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn

Sunny said:
But can javascript do a screen capture & save it to a jpg file.

Yes, with the help of an external API. For example, STFW for Screengrab!,
and UTSL.

PointedEars

Sunny

Yes, with the help of an external API. For example, STFW for Screengrab!,
and UTSL.

PointedEars
will want to steal it.)

It is a firefox addon, I need script that i can embed on my webpage.
Do you know any script that do a screen capture, that i can implement
in my webpage?

Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn

Sunny said:
Thomas said:
Sunny said:
Hi Is there a way in javascript to capture whatever is on screen &
open that with paint on buttons click.
Certainly not on a Linux system.
But can javascript do a screen capture & save it to a jpg file.
Yes, with the help of an external API. For example, STFW for Screengrab!,
and UTSL.
[...]

It is a firefox addon, I need script that i can embed on my webpage.
Do you know any script that do a screen capture, that i can implement
in my webpage?

No, obviously this is way over your head.

And please stop quoting signatures (unless you refer to them).

PointedEars

Captain Paralytic

"Yes I want a solution for Internet explorer."
"It is a firefox addon"
"I need script that i can embed on my webpage"

Make up your mind!