Print scrollable content in Frame.

ptg_abhishek

Hullo,
I tried the print method provided by javascript to print the frame in
current focus. Only the visible content is printed, any hidden content
in the current frame[say, on a different resolution or where the
browser introduces a scroll-bar] does not appear in the printout.

If you know some possible work-around, please do let me know.

regards.
-abhishek.

julie.siebel

-abhishek:

I use two different style sheets, one with the scroll bars and one
without, and load them with the media attribute set to print or screen,
e.g.:

<link media=screen href="pdd-web.css" type=text/css rel=stylesheet>
<link media=print href="pdd-print.css" type=text/css rel=stylesheet>

This also allows you to use fonts in point sizes instead of pixels,
which in my experience will print more consistently than pixels.

You can get pretty complex with this - an example is
http://www.untours.com/prop.asp?SID=3048 - if you print preview it,
you'll see that all of the navigation is hidden, the printed page is
formatted more like a brochure with full size images, the data that is
in tabbed box prints in list format, etc.

Hope this helps...

Julie