    know if there is a way to add a next and print button to the web page
    but it should not show on my print out.

    Thanks
    Charl, Jan 15, 2007

  2. Charl

    Arjen Guest

    Charl schreef:
    > Hi All,
    >
    > I am designing printer friendly page for my website and would like to
    > know if there is a way to add a next and print button to the web page
    > but it should not show on my print out.
    >
    > Thanks

    Create a stylesheet for the printer.
    <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="print.css" media="print" />

    Use display:none; for unwanted objects

    --
    Arjen
    http://www.hondenpage.com - Mijn site over honden
    Arjen, Jan 15, 2007

  3. "Charl" <> wrote in message
    > Hi All,
    >
    > I am designing printer friendly page for my website and would like to
    > know if there is a way to add a next and print button to the web page
    > but it should not show on my print out.
    >
    > Thanks

    Are you using CSS? If so, you could add a print-specific style sheet that
    changes the buttons' display property to "none".

    In your page:

    <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="print.css" media="print" />
    <input ... class = "printhide">

    In your CSS:
    ..printhide
    {
    display: none;
    }

    +e
    The Eclectic Electric, Jan 15, 2007
  4. Charl wrote:
    > Hi All,
    >
    > I am designing printer friendly page for my website and would like to
    > know if there is a way to add a next

    The print stylesheet has already been addressed, but a "next button"?
    Next what?

    > and print button to the web page
    > but it should not show on my print out.

    The browser has one, at least all the modern ones! Why would you need to
    add one? To do so requires JavaScript.

    --
    Take care,

    Jonathan
    -------------------
    LITTLE WORKS STUDIO
    http://www.LittleWorksStudio.com
    Jonathan N. Little, Jan 15, 2007
  5. Charl

    Arjen Guest

    Jonathan N. Little schreef:
    > Charl wrote:
    >> Hi All,
    >>
    >> I am designing printer friendly page for my website and would like to
    >> know if there is a way to add a next

    > The print stylesheet has already been addressed, but a "next button"?
    > Next what?

    Next button :p

    >> and print button to the web page
    >> but it should not show on my print out.

    > The browser has one, at least all the modern ones! Why would you need to
    > add one? To do so requires JavaScript.

    This might be debatable but personally I like a print button on a page
    that needs to be printed (confirmaton page or route planner etc)

    Arjen, Jan 15, 2007
  6. Arjen wrote:
    > Jonathan N. Little schreef:
    >> Charl wrote:
    >>> Hi All,
    >>>
    >>> I am designing printer friendly page for my website and would like to
    >>> know if there is a way to add a next

    >> The print stylesheet has already been addressed, but a "next button"?
    >> Next what?

    > Next button :p

    It's on the browser, and it is not valid unless your have hit the back
    button first!

    >>> and print button to the web page
    >>> but it should not show on my print out.

    >> The browser has one, at least all the modern ones! Why would you need to
    >> add one? To do so requires JavaScript.

    > This might be debatable but personally I like a print button on a page
    > that needs to be printed (confirmaton page or route planner etc)

    1) requires JavaScript enabled (it I put one on a page I firstly insert
    "link|button" with JavaScript so it will not appear when not available
    and secondly make not printable in CSS)

    2) How about <p>[Print this page for your records]</p> ?
    2a) Send client a receipt email (what I do) for his records
    automatically...

    --
    Take care,

    Jonathan
    -------------------
    Jonathan N. Little, Jan 15, 2007
  7. ..oO(Jonathan N. Little)

    >Arjen wrote:
    >
    >> Next button :p

    >It's on the browser, and it is not valid unless your have hit the back
    >button first!

    For browsers that support it there is also

    6.12 Link types
    http://www.w3.org/TR/html401/types.html#type-links

    But most likely that's not what the OP wants ...

    >> This might be debatable but personally I like a print button on a page
    >> that needs to be printed (confirmaton page or route planner etc)

    >1) requires JavaScript enabled (it I put one on a page I firstly insert
    >"link|button" with JavaScript so it will not appear when not available
    >and secondly make not printable in CSS)

    It also requires a browser that supports JS-invoked printing.
    Most do, but not all.

    Micha
    Michael Fesser, Jan 15, 2007
  8. Michael Fesser wrote:
    > .oO(Jonathan N. Little)
    >
    >> Arjen wrote:
    >>
    >>> Next button :p

    >> It's on the browser, and it is not valid unless your have hit the back
    >> button first!

    > For browsers that support it there is also
    >
    > 6.12 Link types
    > http://www.w3.org/TR/html401/types.html#type-links
    >
    > But most likely that's not what the OP wants ...

    I like them and use them, but OP's UA is

    UserAgent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.1; .NET CLR
    1.1.4322; .NET CLR 2.0.50727),gzip(gfe),gzip(gfe)

    I am sure he is totally unaware of their existence and therefore did not
    mention them. Also PITA to statically code them, server-side CMS it is a
    breeze...

    >>> This might be debatable but personally I like a print button on a page
    >>> that needs to be printed (confirmaton page or route planner etc)

    >> 1) requires JavaScript enabled (it I put one on a page I firstly insert
    >> "link|button" with JavaScript so it will not appear when not available
    >> and secondly make not printable in CSS)

    > It also requires a browser that supports JS-invoked printing.
    > Most do, but not all.

    Hence my opposition to the idea.

    --
    Take care,