Print tag in html

Willy

Is there a possibility to put a html-tag in a webpage for printing a particular doc? .
Thanks

Inger Helene Falch-Jacobsen

Willy said:
Is there a possibility to put a html-tag in a webpage for printing a
particular doc? .
Thanks

I am not sure if I understand you correctly, but you can link to a
stylesheet for print.
Put this in the <head> of the document:
<link rel="stylesheet" href="print.css" type="text/css" media="print">
and make print.css the way you want the document to look when printed.
You can for instance use {display: none} for elements that you don't want to
be printed, and choose a serif font here even if you use a sans-serif font
for the screen.
The vistor can always just push the "print" button in his/her browser.

C A Upsdell

C said:
Is there a possibility to put a html-tag in a webpage for printing a
particular doc? .
Thanks

You can do this using JavaScript.
Of course!That will do!
Thanks again

Jukka K. Korpela

Willy said:
Of course!That will do!

If that's the answer, the question was wrong.

You will end up with a worse than useless duplication of a browser's
built-in feature, causing confusion when there's a "Print ..." button on
your page that does nothing when clicked on, unless scripting is enabled.
Thanks again

You're welcome.

What you (or your users) probably needed is a normal link (and
understanding how links are used).