    Thanks

    --
    Willy

    Willy, Jul 10, 2004

  2. Willy wrote:
    > Is there a possibility to put a html-tag in a webpage for printing a
    > particular doc? .
    > Thanks

    I am not sure if I understand you correctly, but you can link to a
    stylesheet for print.
    Put this in the <head> of the document:
    <link rel="stylesheet" href="print.css" type="text/css" media="print">
    and make print.css the way you want the document to look when printed.
    You can for instance use {display: none} for elements that you don't want to
    be printed, and choose a serif font here even if you use a sans-serif font
    for the screen.
    The vistor can always just push the "print" button in his/her browser.

    --
    Inger Helene Falch-Jacobsen
    http://home.online.no/~ingerfaj/

    Inger Helene Falch-Jacobsen, Jul 10, 2004

  3. Willy

    C A Upsdell Guest

    "Willy" <> wrote in message
    Is there a possibility to put a html-tag in a webpage for printing a
    particular doc? .
    Thanks

    ---

    You can do this using JavaScript.

    C A Upsdell, Jul 10, 2004
  4. Willy

    Willy Guest

    C A Upsdell wrote:
    > "Willy" <> wrote in message
    > Is there a possibility to put a html-tag in a webpage for printing a
    > particular doc? .
    > Thanks
    >

    > You can do this using JavaScript.

    Of course!That will do!
    Thanks again

    --
    Willy

    Willy, Jul 10, 2004
  5. "Willy" <> wrote:

    >> You can do this using JavaScript.

    > Of course!That will do!

    If that's the answer, the question was wrong.

    You will end up with a worse than useless duplication of a browser's
    built-in feature, causing confusion when there's a "Print ..." button on
    your page that does nothing when clicked on, unless scripting is enabled.

    > Thanks again

    You're welcome.

    What you (or your users) probably needed is a normal link (and
    understanding how links are used).

    --
    Yucca, http://www.cs.tut.fi/~jkorpela/

    Jukka K. Korpela, Jul 11, 2004