PrintDialog

Charles A. Lackman

Hello,
I have an application where I create a Print Document and send it to the
printer. I works good, but when I use the PrintDialog Box so that users can
set how many copies they want I cannot retrieve the value that was placed
inside the PrintDialog Box.

This is the code I am using.

If PrintDialog1.ShowDialog() = DialogResult.OK Then
With PrintDialog1
Dim Frog As Short
Frog = .PrinterSettings.Copies
..Document.Print()
End With

It does not matter what value I place inside the Copies box within the
PrintDialog, Frog always remains 1.

Thanks
Chuck

Ron Allen

Charles,
This was a 'known bug' with framework V1.0 (VS2002) and has been
corrected in V1.1.

Ron Allen

Charles A. Lackman

Hello,
Since this is a know issue and I am currently using VS2002, what is the work
around?
I sure hope it isn't having to make my own print dialog box. I can do that
with no problem, but I really want to use the one that comes with VS. Is
there a way to Override the Copies property or a way to Inherit the
PrintDialog.PrinterSettings.Copies Property? I have done alot of looking on
the net and am not finding the work around or any information on making it
work.

Any information provided is greatly appreciated. Thanks

Chuck

Ron Allen

Charles,
As far as I know there isn't a work around except upgrading to Framework
1.1. You may want to ask this question in
microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.drawing as that is where most printing
issues are discussed.

Ron Allen