Printer Friendly Page

weetat.yeo

Hi all ,

I have a print button in PHP page which using javascript
window.print() to print web page.
However , when user click "print" , the print preview display that the
page cut-off and alignment is out.

Read on regarding the matter , and found that is not the issue of PHP .
Some users recommend to me to use CSS and HTML to create printer
friendly page.
However my page is extension is in php , can i use CSS and HTML to
create printer friendly page?

Anybody have any sample how to do it is much appreciated ? Thanks

Randy Webb

(e-mail address removed) said the following on 8/4/2006 4:02 AM:
Hi all ,

I have a print button in PHP page which using javascript
window.print() to print web page.
However , when user click "print" , the print preview display that the
page cut-off and alignment is out.
Read on regarding the matter , and found that is not the issue of PHP .
Some users recommend to me to use CSS and HTML to create printer
friendly page.
However my page is extension is in php , can i use CSS and HTML to
create printer friendly page?

Yes, you can use CSS. Ask in news:comp.infosystems.www.authoring.stylesheets

David Dorward

I have a print button in PHP page which using javascript
window.print() to print web page.

Browsers come with multiple methods to start printing built in. There is no
need to add another one (which only works for your site).
Read on regarding the matter , and found that is not the issue of PHP .
Some users recommend to me to use CSS and HTML to create printer
friendly page.

Yes, a print media style sheet is the way to go about things.
However my page is extension is in php , can i use CSS and HTML to
create printer friendly page?

File extensions are not relevant on the WWW, what matters is the
Content-type HTTP header. PHP can control that.