    a Web page?

    Thanks in advance,

    Les
    Les Coover, Oct 2, 2004

  2. Les Coover wrote:

    > Where can I get some information about making
    > a printer friendly version

    Look up the media types section of the CSS 2 specification.

    > (prints as hardcopy without URL address--just document) of
    > a Web page?

    That header isn't part of the document. Author code can't remove it.

    Home is where the ~/.bashrc is
    David Dorward, Oct 2, 2004

  3. Les Coover

    Spartanicus Guest

    Spartanicus, Oct 2, 2004
  4. Les Coover

    Nico Schuyt Guest

    Nico Schuyt, Oct 2, 2004
  5. Les Coover

    Les Coover Guest

    "Nico Schuyt" <> wrote in message
    > Les Coover wrote:
    > > Where can I get some information about making
    > > a printer friendly version (prints as hardcopy
    > > without URL address--just document) of
    > > a Web page?

    > First CSS. Step by step: http://www.alistapart.com/articles/goingtoprint/
    > In addition (suppressing headers and footers of the browser):
    > http://www.codestore.net/store.nsf/unid/EPSD-55TPMN?OpenDocument
    >
    > --
    > Nico
    > www.nicoschuyt.nl

    Thank you for the information, We already have Acrobat files that users can
    print but of course
    they have to download Adobe Acrobat. I was trying to find a way where no
    install is necessary.
    The information you gave me seemed complicated to me (I'm fairly new at this
    and need to
    keep it simple). If I delete the title of the Web page the following code
    will print documents
    with the Web page address in the footer and a page number in the header
    (that may be enough
    for very short forms).

    <P><font size="+0" face="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif"><a
    href="javascript:print()">Print
    Page</a></font>

    Is there a tag I can put in to make the "Print Page" text visible on screen,
    but not on paper?

    Les
    Les Coover, Oct 3, 2004
  6. Les Coover

    Toby Inkster Guest

    Les Coover wrote:

    > Is there a tag I can put in to make the "Print Page" text visible on screen,
    > but not on paper?

    As Nico said -- look into the CSS print media.

    --
    Toby A Inkster BSc (Hons) ARCS
    Toby Inkster, Oct 4, 2004
  7. Les Coover

    Nico Schuyt Guest

    Les Coover wrote:

    > Is there a tag I can put in to make the "Print Page" text visible on
    > screen, but not on paper?

    Use the code below and see what happens when printed.
    Look at http://www.w3schools.com/css/css_examples.asp too.

    <head>
    <META HTTP-EQUIV="Content-Type" CONTENT="text/html; charset=ISO-8859-1">
    <title>Test</title>
    body {margin-left: 10%; color: blue; background: white}
    h1 {color: red; background: transparent}
    p.special {color: red; font-weight: bold}
    p.special {display:none}
    </head>
    <h1>CSS</h1>

    --