printf() and scanf() questions

Mark McIntyre

Martin said:
Pay no attention to Mark McIntyre. He doesn't have a clue.

Yeah, I'm only quoting the Standard, after all.

Perhaps you should try reading it, instead of being a sarky git?

Mark McIntyre

Martin said:
Yourself, you need to read. "a,e,f,g" in the above refers to the
conversion operation and are not full specifiers. "%f" is a specifier,
in which the optional size specification is empty. It is not the same
thing at all.

So what you're saying is that in this part of the Standard, and nowhere
else, they chose a different language to express the same thing. So oy
original point about the language stands.

Either that, or you're talking twaddle to hide the fact that you didn't
actually know what the Standard said.
I have mercifully snipped the remainder of your nonsense.

And I've mercifully snipped the remainder of your tripe.

You know, you would be regarded as more helpful if you weren't such an
arrogant and rude poster.

Antoninus Twink

You really are a tit, aren't you?

Yeah? Then why do you get often stuff wrong ?

Tee hee! It's always amusing when the deep veins of anger latent in all
the CLC regulars boil over, and they turn their hate on each other
instead of random newbies.
Sometimes. At least I'm not an obnoxious prat when I'm trying to help
people.

Yeah right, you keep telling yourself that.

Antoninus Twink

And I've mercifully snipped the remainder of your tripe.

You know, you would be regarded as more helpful if you weren't such an
arrogant and rude poster.

Said without the slightest hint of irony.

Martin Ambuhl

Mark said:
Yeah, I'm only quoting the Standard, after all.

You were misreading the standard.
Perhaps you should try reading it, instead of being a sarky git?

Maybe you should try understanding what you quote. The section you
quote has nothing to support your completely bogus labeling my correct
statements as wrong. You still haven't a clue.

Martin Ambuhl

Mark said:
You really are a tit, aren't you?

Yeah? Then why do you get often stuff wrong ?

Let's see your evidence for that.
Sometimes. At least I'm not an obnoxious prat when I'm trying to help
people.

Since you don't actually help anyone with your absurd misreading of the
standard, and you are obviously obnoxious when you incorectly "correct"
my correct posts, I'd say you will the obnoxious unelpful person award.

Kenny McCormack

Tee hee! It's always amusing when the deep veins of anger latent in all
the CLC regulars boil over, and they turn their hate on each other

It *is* funny. You'd think they would be able to keep their act
together better.
Yeah right, you keep telling yourself that.

Welcome to another episode of...

CLC regulars eating their own!

Kenny McCormack

You were misreading the standard.

Maybe you should try understanding what you quote. The section you
quote has nothing to support your completely bogus labeling my correct
statements as wrong. You still haven't a clue.

Gentlemen. Please...

Kenny McCormack

Let's see your evidence for that.

Since you don't actually help anyone with your absurd misreading of the
standard, and you are obviously obnoxious when you incorectly "correct"
my correct posts, I'd say you will the obnoxious unelpful person award.

Can't you two just go get a room somewhere?

Why am I reminded of Bill & Geraldo?

Richard

Mark McIntyre said:
So what you're saying is that in this part of the Standard, and
nowhere else, they chose a different language to express the same
thing. So oy original point about the language stands.

Either that, or you're talking twaddle to hide the fact that you
didn't actually know what the Standard said.

And I've mercifully snipped the remainder of your tripe.

You know, you would be regarded as more helpful if you weren't such an
arrogant and rude poster.

I've heard it all now!

Astonishing.

Richard

Can't you two just go get a room somewhere?

Come on, Martin is ok. Mark McIntyre is continually a pretentious little
twit with Healthfield'esque levels of self regard.

Antoninus Twink

Can't you two just go get a room somewhere?

No way - it's too much fun for the rest of us watching the two CLC
psychos-in-chief ripping each other to bits... (a nice change from the
usual game of them both ganging up on Jacob or a newbie)

jacob navia

Kenny said:
Can't you two just go get a room somewhere?

No!!!

I am fixing this bug in the VLA stuff, and I need them
BUSY...

They completely forgot my bug!

:)

Kenny McCormack

No way - it's too much fun for the rest of us watching the two CLC
psychos-in-chief ripping each other to bits... (a nice change from the
usual game of them both ganging up on Jacob or a newbie)

Can't argue with that.

Kenny McCormack

Richard said:
Come on, Martin is ok. Mark McIntyre is continually a pretentious little
twit with Healthfield'esque levels of self regard.

Maybe in terms of "correctness", but that's hardly my main concern.
As we all know, the CLC concept of "correctness" is all BS anyway.

But in terms of pure savagery ("Big Dog"), Marty is hard to beat.
Not just here, either. He also posts in rec.games.bridge - and pretty
much in the same style. What he hopes to accomplsh, I have no idea.

Martin Ambuhl

jacob said:
Kenny McCormack wrote his usual vacuous stuff,
No!!!

I am fixing this bug in the VLA stuff, and I need them
BUSY...

They completely forgot my bug!

Jacob, I'll not thank you for posting Kenny's trolling through my
filters. However, I look forward to your completion of the fixes to VLA
implementation in lcc-win32. I have every confidence that you will
succeed in this. If you need it, I wish you good luck.

Kenny McCormack

Jacob, I'll not thank you for posting Kenny's trolling through my
filters.

I'll bet Jacob is crushed.
However, I look forward to your completion of the fixes to VLA
implementation in lcc-win32. I have every confidence that you will
succeed in this. If you need it, I wish you good luck.

I'll bet Jacob is thrilled.