Printing a large datagrid (hopefully a simple problem)

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Controls' started by Chris Gardner, Oct 29, 2003.

  1. I have a datagrid that prints a large number of records from a SQL
    database. Because it is a large table, when printed the table
    "bleeds" from one page to the next. Ideally, I would like to have 8
    records to a page, then have the printer page break. Crystal Reports
    is not an option.

    What would be the best way to do this? I've experimented with paging
    within the datagrid control, but in splitting the records over pages,
    each page is considered separate to the browser.

    I've also looked at page break CSS commands. Even if I broke the
    datagrid into multiple tables, like:

    Table part 1 of Datagrid

    -Page break-

    Table part 2 of Datagrid, etc.

    that would be acceptable. I wouldn't mind seeing physical breaks on
    the screen, if it meant the pages were being printed correctly.

    Any ideas?
    Chris Gardner, Oct 29, 2003

  2. I fought with the same thing for several days and ended up using a free
    control that allowed me to build the same table into a pdf document. I
    think it was called dynamic pdf. Worked fairly well.

    Craig Sterley, Oct 30, 2003