Printing a large PDF document that is added by EMBED tag

Raj

Hi,
I have the following problem. I am displaying and printing a PDF file
that is generated by my Application server. The print dialogs comes up
correctly for the small PDF for the larger PDFs ,the print dialog for
the Acrobat reader does not comes up. I believe this is because print
method is called before the complete loading of the PDF document.

<Head>
<script>
function printNow()
var x = document.getElementById("PDF");
x.click();
x.setActive();
x.focus();
x.print();
</script>
</head>
onLoad="setTimeout('printNow();', 1000)" >
<script language="javascript" >
var myString ="<%=request.getContextPath()%>" +
window.location.search.substring(1);
document.write('<EMBED name="PDF" SRC="' + myString + '" WIDTH=100%
HEIGHT=100% fullscreen="yes">');
</script>

Here if I increase the setTimeOut period for the larger report then the
print dialogs shows up. However, I do not know the size of the PDFs so
I cannot decide the time at design time. Is there a way to findout the

So far , i have tried the following
1. Instead of onLoad, I tried calling the printNow() function in the
body after the EMBED. That does not help
2. Tried using the windows.document.pdf.ReadyStatus. It returns
complete even before complete document is loaded.

Any help is very much appreciated.

Thank you.
Raj

jittu.ganji

Hi Raj,

I am also facing the same issue. Did you find out a work around for
this? If yes, could you please share it to us.

Thank you,
Chinna