printing an image of a form

imacoffman2

I've scanned a form that I want to make available to print out and the
original size is 8.5 X11 inches. The problem I'm having is that when
the link to the form is displayed and sent to the printer, it gets
scaled down to about half the size (making it difficult to read).

Below is the code I'm using:

Is there anything I can do to force the display and print to full size
to fill a sheet of paper?

Your help would be greatly appreciated!

Jukka K. Korpela

Scripsit (e-mail address removed):
I've scanned a form that I want to make available to print out and the
original size is 8.5 X11 inches. The problem I'm having is that when
the link to the form is displayed and sent to the printer, it gets
scaled down to about half the size (making it difficult to read).

Such things may happen. I don't think it has anything to do with HTML.
Below is the code I'm using:

It's clueless ("here" is stupid link text, and JPEG shouldn't be used for
scanned forms), but that's irrelevant here.
Is there anything I can do to force
No.

the display and print to full size
to fill a sheet of paper?

On your computer, maybe. On mine, no.

When I print an image, it doesn't get scaled to a smaller size than fits the
paper. If you have a problem with printing images, maybe you should solve
it.

BTW, if you wish to make a fill-out form available, and you strongly resist
the idea of making it an HTML form (and yet post to alt.html), how about PDF
or MS Word format?

imacoffman2

Jukka,
Thanks for taking the time to reply. Yes, I know "here" is a stupid
name for a link but it was just a quick example of the html code I was
using since the name of the form is irrelavent to the htlml code.

I'm curious as to why jpg should not be used for a scanned form. What
would be more efficient (a gif file?)

The form in question was one that was to be filled out at a meeting.
Providing a scanned copy for members to print out and send in is just a
convienience. Unfortunately, the person collecting these forms is not
comfortable with dealing with html forms (even if we had the extra
funds to access to the server needed to pull it off.

Yes, I could take the time to re-invent the entire form so that I could
have a Word file to post but I'm doing this as a favor so I'm
interested in the easiest and least time consuming way to accomplish
the task of making this form available to print.

Thanks anyway for your effort to help.

Jukka K. Korpela

Scripsit (e-mail address removed):
Jukka,
Thanks for taking the time to reply.

Generally, upside-down fullquoting (quoting the entire message below one's
own text) is an almost certain symptom of lack of comprehensive reading. I'm
not sure, therefore, whether further explanations are useful.
Yes, I know "here" is a stupid
name for a link but it was just a quick example

That's what they all say. If you write "here" in an example, the odds are
that your real code contains poor link texts, too. Perhaps even "here",
which _is_ a _very_ common link text.
I'm curious as to why jpg should not be used for a scanned form. What
would be more efficient (a gif file?)

A gif file, of course. The jpg format was designed for phographs. This is so
common knowledge that everyone who intends to put scanned images on the web
should know it.

To return to the printing problem, here's what I replied and you quoted,
apparently without having read it:

You _could_ have posted the URL for us the check the actual image, but you
should primarily check your printer settings. If you open any image in your
browser (which?) and do Print Preview (and perhaps actually print it), does
it get scaled the same way as your scanned image?