printing dynamic content from a popup?

gb

Hi,

How do you print a dynamically produced popup. Everything I try such as
self.print() prints out the original or parent page.

Banging my head against a wall time?

Can the popup object be named and referenced through the DOM. The popup
object has been named in the window.open() method. But all references to
this fail to print the current window.

Cheers

gb

Lasse Reichstein Nielsen

gb said:
How do you print a dynamically produced popup. Everything I try such as
self.print() prints out the original or parent page.

I believe IE always prints the page that has the focus. Try
self.focus();self.print();
on the popup page. If that doesn't work, I can't guess the problem
without seeing the page.
Banging my head against a wall time?

Always! :)
Can the popup object be named and referenced through the DOM.

No, not through the DOM. The window.open call returns a reference
to the new window, so store it somewhere safe.
The popup object has been named in the window.open() method. But all
references to this fail to print the current window.

/L

gb

Lasse Reichstein Nielsen said:
I believe IE always prints the page that has the focus. Try
self.focus();self.print();
on the popup page.

Always! :)

Tried "self.focus();self.print();" before but to no avail, thanks for your
help.

Now where's that wall? :cool:

gb

rf

gb said:
Hi,

How do you print a dynamically produced popup. Everything I try such as
self.print() prints out the original or parent page.

Where is the code that contains self.print()? In the original page or in the
popup page?

Cheers
Richard.