Printing in ASP

JP SIngh

Is it possible to send a file directly to printer in ASP?

I have an ASP page display the list of files associated with the record with
hyperlinks to the files. I want to provide a link next to each file to allow
people to click the button and send the appriopriate file to the printer.

Is it possible to do this in ASP or ASP.Net?

Evertjan.

JP SIngh wrote on 06 feb 2006 in
Is it possible to send a file directly to printer in ASP?

I have an ASP page display the list of files associated with the
record with hyperlinks to the files. I want to provide a link next to
each file to allow people to click the button and send the
appriopriate file to the printer.

Is it possible to do this in ASP or ASP.Net?

To the serverside printer?

If you pause to reflect about it, you would not like that.

==============

To the clientside printer?

ASP is a serverside platform for languages like vbscript and jscript,
and so has no access to the client. Only the rendered HTML+clientside
scripting is sent tot the client browser.

A properly secured browser will not allow it.

If you pause to reflect about it, you would not like that to happen.

===============

ASP.net is off-topic on this NG, only classic ASP here.

Slim

JP SIngh said:
Is it possible to send a file directly to printer in ASP?

I have an ASP page display the list of files associated with the record
with hyperlinks to the files. I want to provide a link next to each file
to allow people to click the button and send the appriopriate file to the
printer.

Is it possible to do this in ASP or ASP.Net?

use ExecWB you will find examples on the internet

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dnscrpt/html/DHTMLPRINT.asp