    that will allow me to print only the current page containing the routine,
    but none so far that will allow me to print separate pages.

    TIA
    D. Comyn, Mar 3, 2004

  2. "D. Comyn" <> wrote:

    > Is there a way to print a page from the current page without the
    > browser actually having to go to the page I want to print?

    Well, somehow the page to be printed needs to be accessed. But on
    typical browsers, the user can right-click on a link and select Print,
    so that the browser "goes" to the page without showing it to the user,
    and prints it.

    --
    Yucca, http://www.cs.tut.fi/~jkorpela/
    Jukka K. Korpela, Mar 3, 2004

  3. D. Comyn

    Paul Furman Guest

    D. Comyn wrote:
    > I am working on a web site on which there will be applications that the user
    > would need to print out, fill out, and (God forbid) 'snail mail' them to our
    > company. I am currently designing a page that lists all the available forms
    > that are available for printing.
    >
    > Is there a way to print a page from the current page without the browser
    > actually having to go to the page I want to print?
    > I have found several ways, such as onclick commands and javascript routines
    > that will allow me to print only the current page containing the routine,
    > but none so far that will allow me to print separate pages.

    Is the problem that each customer is likely to need several pages and it
    gets too complicated? I think it is possible with PHP to grab several
    documents and put them in a multi-page PDF. Just have a checkbox form to
    gather the list...
    Paul Furman, Mar 4, 2004
  4. Paul Furman wrote:

    > Is the problem that each customer is likely to need several pages and it
    > gets too complicated? I think it is possible with PHP to grab several
    > documents and put them in a multi-page PDF. Just have a checkbox form to
    > gather the list...

    Look into Ghostscript.

    You will want to store the PDF files as Postscript files instead, then
    when the user chooses their pages, use Ghostscript to merge the Postscript
    files into a big temporary Postscript file, then use Ghostscript to
    convert from Postscript to PDF.

    --
    Toby A Inkster BSc (Hons) ARCS
    Toby A Inkster, Mar 4, 2004