printing invoice in asp.net

Guoqi Zheng

Dear sir,

I am develoing an application on ASP.NET. This application needs to print a
few hundreds invoice everyday. Those invoice has to be printed on a very
very precise position on a special type of paper offered by our bank. In
Holland, we call this kind of paper "acceptgiro". I am thinking of two
options. one is do this work in ASP.NET, one is do it by windows
application. I prefer ASP.NET of course even I have to do some extra coding.
Here are my question.

1. Do you think asp.net able to do this work, or I have to do it by windows
application.

2. Can ASP.NET (in fact HTML) able to print something on very precise
position? I know I can do this by css. However, our people use many
different computers from 98, 2000 to XP. Will different OS be a problem.

3. A few 100s page means that the HTML page I will use to print those
invoice will be about 2000 KB size big. Will 2000 KB a page be a problem for
client side to handle it?

If you have any experience in this kind of situation, please be kind enough
to share the knowledge.

--
Kind regards

Guoqi Zheng