printing label from web form

BillE

I need to print an address label (about .75" x 2.5") to a Dymo LabelWriter
from a web form, with the minimum amount of user interaction other than
pressing a print button.

What is the best way to do this?

Thanks!
Bill

Mark Rae

I need to print an address label (about .75" x 2.5") to a Dymo LabelWriter
from a web form, with the minimum amount of user interaction other than
pressing a print button.

What is the best way to do this?

Is the printer connected to the client machine or the server / network...?

Guest

I need to print an address label (about .75" x 2.5") to a Dymo LabelWriter
from a web form, with the minimum amount of user interaction other than
pressing a print button.

What is the best way to do this?

Just tell the user to press a print button :)

BillE

Alexey -
Thanks for the input.
I tried building an html table and printing to the Dymo (by pressing a Print
button, as you suggest), but unfortunately I was not able to get the textual
portion of the label to consistently align properly.
I was hoping that I might benefit from someone's experience using a
different method I hadn't considered.
-Bill

BillE

Come to find out Dymo has a windows SDK which does what I need using
javascript - I haven't tried it yet, but the documentation is promising. I
will look harder before posting on the newsgroup next time.

Bill

Guest

BillE said:
Alexey -
Thanks for the input.
I tried building an html table and printing to the Dymo (by pressing a
Print button, as you suggest), but unfortunately I was not able to get the
textual portion of the label to consistently align properly.
I was hoping that I might benefit from someone's experience using a
different method I hadn't considered.
-Bill

I think it's just a matter of layout.

BTW, have you tried this?