    What is the best way to do this?

    Thanks!
    Bill

    BillE, May 16, 2007

  2. BillE

    Mark Rae Guest

    "BillE" <> wrote in message
    news:...

    >I need to print an address label (about .75" x 2.5") to a Dymo LabelWriter
    >from a web form, with the minimum amount of user interaction other than
    >pressing a print button.
    >
    > What is the best way to do this?

    Is the printer connected to the client machine or the server / network...?

    --
    http://www.markrae.net

    Mark Rae, May 16, 2007

  3. BillE

    BillE Guest

    to the client machine

    BillE, May 16, 2007
  4. BillE

    Mark Rae Guest

    "BillE" <> wrote in message

    > to the client machine

    Have you thought about constructing a separate 'print-friendly' window...?

    --
    http://www.markrae.net

    Mark Rae, May 16, 2007
  5. On May 16, 5:44 pm, "BillE" <> wrote:
    > I need to print an address label (about .75" x 2.5") to a Dymo LabelWriter
    > from a web form, with the minimum amount of user interaction other than
    > pressing a print button.
    >
    > What is the best way to do this?

    Just tell the user to press a print button :)

    Alexey Smirnov, May 16, 2007
  6. BillE

    BillE Guest

    Alexey -
    Thanks for the input.
    I tried building an html table and printing to the Dymo (by pressing a Print
    button, as you suggest), but unfortunately I was not able to get the textual
    portion of the label to consistently align properly.
    I was hoping that I might benefit from someone's experience using a
    different method I hadn't considered.
    -Bill

    BillE, May 17, 2007
  7. BillE

    BillE Guest

    Come to find out Dymo has a windows SDK which does what I need using
    javascript - I haven't tried it yet, but the documentation is promising. I
    will look harder before posting on the newsgroup next time.

    Bill

    BillE, May 17, 2007
  8. "BillE" <> wrote in message
    > Alexey -
    > Thanks for the input.
    > I tried building an html table and printing to the Dymo (by pressing a
    > Print button, as you suggest), but unfortunately I was not able to get the
    > textual portion of the label to consistently align properly.
    > I was hoping that I might benefit from someone's experience using a
    > different method I hadn't considered.
    > -Bill

    I think it's just a matter of layout.

    BTW, have you tried this?