Printing multiple html docs - windows

unwiseone

Hi,

Not sure if this is the right group to post this question. I have a lot
of html and htm files in a folder and I want to print them all without
having to manually select each one and print the file. Does anyone know
how to print all files at once?

- P

JDS

Does anyone know
how to print all files at once?

for i in *html
do
html2ps "$i" | lp
done

oops! you said "windows". Can't help you. Get a good OS[1]

[1] I realize that OS bashing is of-topic. whatchagonnado?

Roy Schestowitz

JDS said:
Does anyone know
how to print all files at once?

for i in *html
do
html2ps "$i" | lp
done

oops! you said "windows". Can't help you. Get a good OS[1]

I was going to suggest something similar:

lpr -P[PRINTER] *.htm

The investment in learning an operating system with a CLI (command-line
interface) is invaluable. You can manipulate thousands of pages using
short, unambiguous statements. Unfortunately, I don't think Windows Vista
will incorporate a new CLI. There were talks about whether Longhorn (at the
time) would have sufficient time for that inclusion. I can't give you a
definite answer.

Your best friend at present are keyboard accelerators, e.g. CTRL+O
(traditionally) for "Open...", CTRL+P for printing and so forth.

I strongly believe that poor user interfaces and lack of productivity tools
are the key motives for people employ Windows-proficient users to open and
print document in batch mode, copy numbers from papers, run daily jobs
(otherwise cron jobs)... you probably see where my argument is going.

Roy