    having to manually select each one and print the file. Does anyone know
    how to print all files at once?

    - P

    unwiseone, Jul 22, 2005

  2. unwiseone

    JDS Guest

    JDS, Jul 22, 2005

  3. JDS wrote:

    > On Fri, 22 Jul 2005 11:41:28 -0700, unwiseone wrote:
    >
    >> Does anyone know
    >> how to print all files at once?

    > for i in *html
    > do
    > html2ps "$i" | lp
    > done
    >
    > oops! you said "windows". Can't help you. Get a good OS[1]

    I was going to suggest something similar:

    lpr -P[PRINTER] *.htm

    The investment in learning an operating system with a CLI (command-line
    interface) is invaluable. You can manipulate thousands of pages using
    short, unambiguous statements. Unfortunately, I don't think Windows Vista
    will incorporate a new CLI. There were talks about whether Longhorn (at the
    time) would have sufficient time for that inclusion. I can't give you a
    definite answer.

    Your best friend at present are keyboard accelerators, e.g. CTRL+O
    (traditionally) for "Open...", CTRL+P for printing and so forth.

    I strongly believe that poor user interfaces and lack of productivity tools
    are the key motives for people employ Windows-proficient users to open and
    print document in batch mode, copy numbers from papers, run daily jobs
    (otherwise cron jobs)... you probably see where my argument is going.

    Roy

    --
    Roy S. Schestowitz
    http://Schestowitz.com