printing on network printer

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Maileen, Jul 7, 2004.

  1. Maileen

    Maileen Guest

    Hi,

    I want to print from my ASP page directly to my network printer. For this i
    use the following code, but everytime, my document to print is sent to local
    and physical port LPT1 :(
    could you help me please ? thx,
    Maileen.

    '---- to print report on network printer ---
    ' RSP = stored procedure
    Set objFS = CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject")
    Set objWSHNet = CreateObject("WScript.Network")
    if trim(RSP("p_login"))<>"" then
    login=""&trim(RSP("p_login"))&""
    heslo=""&trim(RSP("p_heslo"))&""
    objWSHNet.AddPrinterConnection "LPT1:", trim(RSP("cesta")), False,login,
    heslo
    else
    objWSHNet.AddPrinterConnection "LPT1:", trim(RSP("cesta")), False
    end if
    Set objPrinter = objFS.CreateTextFile("LPT1:", True)
    objPrinter.Write("simple printing test")
    objPrinter.Close
    '---------------------------------------------------
    Maileen, Jul 7, 2004

  2. Maileen

    Stu Lock Guest

    Hi,

    Looks like you are using the old objects to print. Try using the new print
    classes from .Net to enumerate the printers installed on the machine running
    the code:

    If System.Drawing.Printing.PrinterSettings.InstalledPrinters.Count > 0 Then
    'Printers installed....
    Else
    'No printers installed
    End If

    Hope this points you in the right direction.

    Stu

    Stu Lock, Jul 7, 2004