Printing over the Internet - Is this possible...

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by D Johnson, Nov 15, 2005.

  1. D Johnson

    D Johnson Guest

    Greetings, I am developing an ASP.Net application where I need to direct a
    rendered print job to a print device (private) situated behind a router with
    a firewall enabled. I hope that I can explain this properly, the details are
    as follows...

    PC with internal IP address of 192.168.10.1
    Print device with the internal IP address of 192.168.10.2

    PC sends a request to my remote ASP.Net web site for a print job (report) to
    be sent back to the internal networks local printer. Is this possible to
    redirect the output to the print device rather than the internal client that
    made the request.

    Thanks in advance for any help.

    Regards
    David Johnson

    D Johnson, Nov 15, 2005

  2. D Johnson wrote:
    > Greetings, I am developing an ASP.Net application

    > where I need to
    > direct a rendered print job to a print device (private) situated
    > behind a router with a firewall enabled. I hope that I can explain
    > this properly, the details are as follows...
    >
    > PC with internal IP address of 192.168.10.1
    > Print device with the internal IP address of 192.168.10.2
    >
    > PC sends a request to my remote ASP.Net web site for a print job
    > (report) to be sent back to the internal networks local printer. Is
    > this possible to redirect the output to the print device rather than
    > the internal client that made the request.
    >
    > Thanks in advance for any help.

    See this article for starters.
    http://aspalliance.com/462
    and these