Printing over the Internet - Is this possible...

D Johnson

Greetings, I am developing an ASP.Net application where I need to direct a
rendered print job to a print device (private) situated behind a router with
a firewall enabled. I hope that I can explain this properly, the details are
as follows...

PC with internal IP address of 192.168.10.1
Print device with the internal IP address of 192.168.10.2

PC sends a request to my remote ASP.Net web site for a print job (report) to
be sent back to the internal networks local printer. Is this possible to
redirect the output to the print device rather than the internal client that
made the request.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Regards
David Johnson

Bob Barrows [MVP]

D said:
Greetings, I am developing an ASP.Net application

where I need to
direct a rendered print job to a print device (private) situated
behind a router with a firewall enabled. I hope that I can explain
this properly, the details are as follows...

PC with internal IP address of 192.168.10.1
Print device with the internal IP address of 192.168.10.2

PC sends a request to my remote ASP.Net web site for a print job
(report) to be sent back to the internal networks local printer. Is
this possible to redirect the output to the print device rather than
the internal client that made the request.

Thanks in advance for any help.
See this article for starters.
http://aspalliance.com/462
and these