Printing Postscript in Perl

Arthur

Hi Everyone,

I'm having a real hard time with this. Maybe some smarter people can
assist.

I'm running Mandrake 9.2. I have a Laserjet 4M Plus. I want to be
able to print Postscript, bold, underline, different fonts, etc from
within a Perl script.

I have absolutely no idea where to start or what to do. My
/etc/printcap file looks pretty shallow:

HPLJ4|HP Laserjet 4:rm=nitelife:rp=HPLJ4:

I set my printer up using the DrakConf program. I can print, but just
not any formatted text or anything.

I see so much information around, that I'm lost as to which really
applies to me situation.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Arthur

Jürgen Exner

Arthur said:
I'm running Mandrake 9.2. I have a Laserjet 4M Plus. I want to be
able to print Postscript, bold, underline, different fonts, etc from
within a Perl script.

How do you print a regular Postscript file today, i.e. without using a Perl
script?
Then just mimic that code in your Perl script and you are all set.

jue

Roel van der Steen

I'm running Mandrake 9.2. I have a Laserjet 4M Plus. I want to be
able to print Postscript, bold, underline, different fonts, etc from
within a Perl script.
Go to CPAN en look for PostScript:: modules:
PostScript::BasicTypesetter or Postscript::Simple
may do what you want.

Then spool your results to a RAW queue.

Cheers, Roel van der Steen