Printing Postscript in Perl

Discussion in 'Perl' started by Arthur, Mar 7, 2004.

  1. Arthur

    Arthur Guest

    Hi Everyone,

    I'm having a real hard time with this. Maybe some smarter people can
    assist.

    I'm running Mandrake 9.2. I have a Laserjet 4M Plus. I want to be
    able to print Postscript, bold, underline, different fonts, etc from
    within a Perl script.

    I have absolutely no idea where to start or what to do. My
    /etc/printcap file looks pretty shallow:

    HPLJ4|HP Laserjet 4:rm=nitelife:rp=HPLJ4:

    I set my printer up using the DrakConf program. I can print, but just
    not any formatted text or anything.

    I see so much information around, that I'm lost as to which really
    applies to me situation.

    Any help would be appreciated.

    Thanks,

    Arthur

    Arthur, Mar 7, 2004

  2. Arthur wrote:
    > I'm running Mandrake 9.2. I have a Laserjet 4M Plus. I want to be
    > able to print Postscript, bold, underline, different fonts, etc from
    > within a Perl script.

    How do you print a regular Postscript file today, i.e. without using a Perl
    script?
    Then just mimic that code in your Perl script and you are all set.

    jue

    Jürgen Exner, Mar 7, 2004

  3. In article <>, Arthur wrote:
    > I'm running Mandrake 9.2. I have a Laserjet 4M Plus. I want to be
    > able to print Postscript, bold, underline, different fonts, etc from
    > within a Perl script.

    Go to CPAN en look for PostScript:: modules:
    PostScript::BasicTypesetter or Postscript::Simple
    may do what you want.

    Then spool your results to a RAW queue.

    Cheers, Roel van der Steen

    Roel van der Steen, Mar 7, 2004