Printing Problem Using Internet Explorer vers. 5.5 to 6

PFMcCracken

We have a database search page written in ASP. One of the information
pages does not
print properly because the windows background printing reloads the page, but
does not wait long enough to capture all the information. So, the result
is, the top title part appear, but the data does not print on the first
page. But all the following pages print correctly.

So how do I :
1) change the printing...?
2) slow done or make the printing wait until the page is complete ?
3) speed up the data search ?

It is a ODBC connection to Foxpro database.

Philip - (e-mail address removed)

Ray at

PFMcCracken said:
We have a database search page written in ASP. One of the information
pages does not
print properly because the windows background printing reloads the page, but
does not wait long enough to capture all the information. So, the result
is, the top title part appear, but the data does not print on the first
page. But all the following pages print correctly.

So how do I :
1) change the printing...?

Can't do that with ASP.
2) slow done or make the printing wait until the page is complete ?

Response.Buffer = True
That will hold the page contents in a buffer and then dump them out to the
client all at once.
3) speed up the data search ?

Ray at work

Aaron Bertrand - MVP

We have a database search page written in ASP. One of the information
pages does not
print properly because the windows background printing reloads the page, but
does not wait long enough to capture all the information.

Why do you think this is ASP related? Don't you think it sounds more like
it's HTML-related?

How about using a different style sheet for print, so no browser ever tries
to print the background? http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-CSS2/media.html