Printing Problem

Dave

Hi Everyone,

I am fairly new to .Net and have just completed my first live ASP app.

i developed the app on a laptop and basically the user fills in a form
submits and the prints the form (in theory) this worked well on the laptop,
but fell over when i uploaded the app to the company intranet, the problem
is that the app is trying to print on the server, i have searched the web
but cannot find any help on how to convert the app to client side printing
could anyone help

Thanks in advance

Dave

Martin Honnen

Dave said:
I am fairly new to .Net and have just completed my first live ASP app.

i developed the app on a laptop and basically the user fills in a form
submits and the prints the form (in theory) this worked well on the laptop,
but fell over when i uploaded the app to the company intranet, the problem
is that the app is trying to print on the server, i have searched the web
but cannot find any help on how to convert the app to client side printing
could anyone help

Well, your ASP.NET code can't print on the client machine. The user with
the browser should just load your .aspx page and use the print function
of the browser.
Or you could add a button to your page that allows the user to use
client side JavaScript to print the page:
<input type="button" value="print"
onclick="if (window.print) {
window.focus();
window.print();