    could anyone help

    Thanks in advance

    Dave

    Dave, Nov 29, 2003

  2. Dave wrote:
    > I am fairly new to .Net and have just completed my first live ASP app.
    >
    > i developed the app on a laptop and basically the user fills in a form
    > submits and the prints the form (in theory) this worked well on the laptop,
    > but fell over when i uploaded the app to the company intranet, the problem
    > is that the app is trying to print on the server, i have searched the web
    > but cannot find any help on how to convert the app to client side printing
    > could anyone help

    Well, your ASP.NET code can't print on the client machine. The user with
    the browser should just load your .aspx page and use the print function
    of the browser.
    Or you could add a button to your page that allows the user to use
    client side JavaScript to print the page:
    <input type="button" value="print"
    onclick="if (window.print) {
    window.focus();
    window.print();