    All CSS is embedded or inline.
    Any help would be appreciated.

    http://www.hibiscuslink.co.nz/Entertainment/tq.html
    KiwiBrian, Jun 29, 2005

  2. KiwiBrian

    Mark Parnell Guest

    Previously in alt.html, KiwiBrian <> said:

    > However it prints within a page border that I don't want, but have been
    > unable to prevent, or ascertain what is causing the page border.

    "border: 4px solid #DC6D12;" on the body.

    http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=http://www.hibiscuslink.co.nz/Entertainment/tq.html
    http://jigsaw.w3.org/css-validator/validator?uri=http://www.hibiscuslink.co.nz/Entertainment/tq.html

    --
    Mark Parnell
    http://www.clarkecomputers.com.au
    Mark Parnell, Jun 29, 2005

  3. KiwiBrian

    KiwiBrian Guest

    "Mark Parnell" <> wrote in message
    > Previously in alt.html, KiwiBrian <> said:
    >
    >> However it prints within a page border that I don't want, but have been
    >> unable to prevent, or ascertain what is causing the page border.

    > "border: 4px solid #DC6D12;" on the body.
    >
    >> http://www.hibiscuslink.co.nz/Entertainment/tq.html

    > http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=http://www.hibiscuslink.co.nz/Entertainment/tq.html
    > http://jigsaw.w3.org/css-validator/validator?uri=http://www.hibiscuslink.co.nz/Entertainment/tq.html

    Thanks Mark.
    I probably worded my query poorly.
    I want that border to display on the screen but not to be printed.
    I have checked the validation points mentioned above, and changed the CSS
    slightly, but am still unable to prevent the page border being printed, but
    being displayed on the screen.
    Any more help appreciated.
    Brian Tozer
    KiwiBrian, Jun 29, 2005
  4. KiwiBrian

    Mark Parnell Guest

    Mark Parnell, Jun 29, 2005
  5. KiwiBrian

    > Previously in alt.html, KiwiBrian <> said:
    >
    >> I want that border to display on the screen but not to be printed.

    > In your media="print" styles:
    >
    > body {border: none;}

    Thanks Mark. That is what I thought but in my page it does not work.
    A Print Preview will probably show the unwanted page border.
    It has got me beat.
    Brian Tozer
    KiwiBrian, Jun 29, 2005
  6. KiwiBrian

    Els Guest

    KiwiBrian wrote:

    > "Mark Parnell" <> wrote in message
    >> Previously in alt.html, KiwiBrian <> said:
    >>
    >>> I want that border to display on the screen but not to be printed.

    >> In your media="print" styles:
    >>
    >> body {border: none;}

    > Thanks Mark. That is what I thought but in my page it does not work.
    > A Print Preview will probably show the unwanted page border.
    > It has got me beat.

    You specified print styles and than overrule them with the regular
    styles. If you place the print styleblock below the other styleblock,
    things may well change :)

    --
    Els http://locusmeus.com/
    - Renato Russo -
    Els, Jun 29, 2005
  7. KiwiBrian

    KiwiBrian Guest

    "Els" <> wrote in message
    > KiwiBrian wrote:
    >
    >> "Mark Parnell" <> wrote in message

    >>> In your media="print" styles:
    >>>
    >>> body {border: none;}

    >> Thanks Mark. That is what I thought but in my page it does not work.
    >> A Print Preview will probably show the unwanted page border.
    >> It has got me beat.

    > You specified print styles and than overrule them with the regular
    > styles. If you place the print styleblock below the other styleblock,
    > things may well change :)

    Thankyou thankyou thankyou Els!!!
    That was it.
    I didn't realise that the order worked like that.
    Another day, another lesson learned.
    Kind regards from New Zealand.
    Brian.
    KiwiBrian, Jun 29, 2005