Printing tables: <thead>, <tfoot>, page-break-inside:avoid

Discussion in 'HTML' started by bernhard, Aug 17, 2006.

  1. bernhard

    bernhard Guest

    Hi all,

    I like to print a table wirh many rows spanning several pages. To
    display table headers and footers on every page, I use <thead> and
    <tfoot>.

    Each cell contains a varying number of lines. I want to keep them
    together on a page using the following css:

    tr { page-break-inside:avoid; }

    The css works as expected with Opera, but Opera does'nt print the
    <thead> and <tfoot> sections on every page.

    FF prints the <thead> and <tfoot> sections as expected on every page,
    even with nested tables, but does'nt honor the css.

    Any solutions? As I can control the environment (which browser to use),
    browser dependent solutions are welcome.

    Thanks

    bernhard, Aug 17, 2006