printing to a specific column?

richard

Hope this makes sense.

I have two lines of text.
the first line has two phrases. The second line has one phrase.

ABCdef.............text
........................data

Without the use of tables, is it possible to put "data" where I want
it so it lines up with "text"?

The . is just for reference. In real use it would be a blank space.

richard

Hope this makes sense.

I have two lines of text.
the first line has two phrases. The second line has one phrase.

ABCdef.............text
.......................data

Without the use of tables, is it possible to put "data" where I want
it so it lines up with "text"?

The . is just for reference. In real use it would be a blank space.

One solution I found was simple.

Chris F.A. Johnson

Hope this makes sense.

I have two lines of text.
the first line has two phrases. The second line has one phrase.

ABCdef.............text

Without the use of tables, is it possible to put "data" where I want
it so it lines up with "text"?

The . is just for reference. In real use it would be a blank space.

Use a monospaced font.

Not perfect, but close: text-align:right;

It's a pity there's no mechanism in HTML for dot leaders.