Printing to Printer connected to Web server

Ray Booysen

Hi all

I've not come across a solution for this yet, I'm hoping someone can help.

I have a process of generating reports that are saved to disk. During
the process I have access to the raw HTML, and a generated PDF. In the
generation, some of the reports are emailed but some need to be printed.

I'm looking for no user interaction other than the user clicking a print
button on a webform

Is there a way to pass either the HTML of PDFs to a printer connected to
the server?

Kind Regards
Ray

Hans Kesting

Hi all
I've not come across a solution for this yet, I'm hoping someone can help.

I have a process of generating reports that are saved to disk. During the
process I have access to the raw HTML, and a generated PDF. In the
generation, some of the reports are emailed but some need to be printed.

I'm looking for no user interaction other than the user clicking a print
button on a webform

Is there a way to pass either the HTML of PDFs to a printer connected to the
server?

Kind Regards
Ray

It's not possible (I think) to send HTML or PDF files directly to the
printer to have them printed the way you probably want.
But maybe it's possible to call a pdf-reader in a way that that would
print the (PDF) file for you on the default printer. Sort of what would
happen when you right-click a pdf-file and select "print".
Maybe something similar is possible for HTML.

Hans Kesting