Printing Using ASP

J P Singh

Hi Guys

Thanks a million for the help with my last query.

Help me with this one if you can

I have submit button on my form. I want the ASP page to print the html page
when the user click the button.

or automatic printing in any way shape or form will be fine.

Is that possible?

Thanks

Jas

Guest

Someone may correct me if I'm wrong here but this will need to be done with
a client side script and the way you implement depends on the browser being
used.

Roji. P. Thomas

You cannot print using ASP.
Printing is something that should happen in the clientside.
So you have to use JS

So on the Onclick event of the Button call "javascript:window.print()"

William Morris

Have a look at Meadco's ScriptX. It's client-side - the only thing it can
be - but it gives you very good control over printed output, even the free
version. www.meadroid.com

- Wm

p.s. To the regular readers of this newgroup, I know I blow this trumpet
quite a lot. No, I don't work for the company or get any sort of
compensation for the endorsements. I just like the product.

Aaron Bertrand [MVP]

I think the only time you'll see objection to company flag-wagging is when
it's a sole post *not* in response to anyone's question. I recommend 3rd
party products a lot, and if they've worked well for me, I have no shame in
telling others about it if I think it might help them. If it's not a free
product, ultimately, it's up to the reader to invest time in evaluating it
and determining if it's a good fit...

--
Aaron Bertrand
SQL Server MVP