  1. Padam

    Padam Guest

    how to change the header and footer for printing of IE via code
    Padam, Nov 17, 2003

  2. Padam

    Kris Guest

    In article <>,
    (Padam) wrote:

    > how to change the header and footer for printing of IE via code

    Browser owner can do that through the Print Preview, I believe.
    Authors cannot do anything about that, nor should they want to.

    --
    Kris
    erlands (nl)
    Kris, Nov 17, 2003

  3. Padam

    Padam Guest

    Hi Kris
    Thanks for the reply, but what i wants is , through coding i want to
    set the header and footer for each page.right now when i m taking
    print out of a web page it is showing header for a first page only,
    but i want the header for all pages.If u can help , please reply, it
    is very urgent
    thanks in advance
    padam

    Padam, Nov 18, 2003
  4. Padam

    Mark Parnell Guest

    Sometime around 17 Nov 2003 20:30:31 -0800, Padam is reported to have
    stated:

    > Thanks for the reply, but what i wants is , through coding i want to
    > set the header and footer for each page.right now when i m taking
    > print out of a web page it is showing header for a first page only,
    > but i want the header for all pages.If u can help , please reply, it
    > is very urgent

    Works for me.

    Well, actually, it didn't print the page title on the first page, but it
    did on the other pages (not sure what happened there), but all the other
    information printed on every page. Is there any particular thing that isn't
    printing (e.g. date, page title, etc)? Is it on all sites or just a
    particular one?

    BTW: Please don't post upside down.

    Mark Parnell
    http://www.clarkecomputers.com.au
    Mark Parnell, Nov 18, 2003
  5. Padam

    rf Guest

    "Padam" <> wrote in message
    > Hi Kris
    > Thanks for the reply, but what i wants is , through coding i want to
    > set the header and footer for each page.right now when i m taking
    > print out of a web page it is showing header for a first page only,
    > but i want the header for all pages.If u can help , please reply, it
    > is very urgent

    Have you not read all the replies you have?

    You can not do this with code in a web page. It is a browser function over
    which you have no control.

    It's no use asking again and it dos not matter how urgent it is. You can't
    do it.

    Cheers
    Richard.

    rf, Nov 18, 2003
  6. Padam

    Sid Ismail Guest

    On 17 Nov 2003 20:30:31 -0800, (Padam) wrote:

    : Thanks for the reply, but what i wants is , through coding i want to
    : set the header and footer for each page.

    You cannot - it is not an excel-type application.

    Sid
    Sid Ismail, Nov 18, 2003
  7. Padam

    Nico Schuyt Guest

    Sid Ismail wrote:
    > Padam wrote:

    >> Thanks for the reply, but what i wants is , through coding i want to
    >> set the header and footer for each page.

    > You cannot - it is not an excel-type application.

    Ehh, what about my humble suggestion in the IE-thread:
    A combination of CSS page-break-before :
    http://www.nicoschuyt.nl/test/pagebreak.htm
    and
    a header and footer that only show on printing:
    http://www.nicoschuyt.nl/test/footer_print.htm

    Well, it doesn't change the standard IE footer but you can make any
    addtional header/footer you want.
    Nico
    Nico Schuyt, Nov 18, 2003
  8. Padam

    Padam Guest

    Hi Nico
    This is also ok if we can provide additional header/footer, but what
    i wants is, it should display header and footer on each page.so if u
    have any solution please reply soon.its urgent
    Thanks
    Padam

    Padam, Nov 27, 2003